What is the cure? Can you help to identify the weird growth thing on my fish gills?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dajuyu

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My fish has this "things" on its gills, face and chin

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 17.54.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 17.54.10.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 544
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 17.53.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 17.53.55.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 56
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 17.54.08 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 17.54.08 (1).jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 57
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 17.54.08.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 17.54.08.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 66
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 17.53.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-05 at 17.53.55.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 55
Is it Lymphocyrstis ?
Or just normal fungus ? Water readings are all good , the only difference is that this male Ruby already undergone two times spawning and successful breeding fry in the past one year .

Yeah I guess the stress and the parent role is indeed stress to it.
If its normal fungus I think I can cure it but if it is the first then that's another story entirely.

It's not fungus and is the wrong colour for Lymphocystis, which is cream or white. The lumps appear pink and round.

It's not a normal or common fish disease either.

It might be a weird parasite or a growth caused by a virus or some sort of cancer/ tumour.

--------------------
How long have you had the fish for?
How long has it had the growths?
Do you use chlorinated tap water, river water or well water for the tank?
Can you pick any of the growths off the fish?

This might be something for the fish health vets at the department of agriculture or a biology lab.

It's not fungus and is the wrong colour for Lymphocystis, which is cream or white. The lumps appear pink and round.

It's not a normal or common fish disease either.

It might be a weird parasite or a growth caused by a virus or some sort of cancer/ tumour.

--------------------
How long have you had the fish for?
How long has it had the growths?
Do you use chlorinated tap water, river water or well water for the tank?
Can you pick any of the growths off the fish?

This might be something for the fish health vets at the department of agriculture or a biology lab.

The fish is behaving normally though no odd swimming pattern no scratching on the surface and no gasping for air either . In fact its just finish spawning and fry already swimming around and feeding normally.

How long have you had the fish for? Almost 4 years
How long has it had the growths? About 1 week
Do you use chlorinated tap water, river water or well water for the tank? Treated Tap water overnight and added Tensiongone conditioner .
Can you pick any of the growths off the fish? Ermm did really try it kinda of feel thats it contagious or something ... Maybe will try it as the last resort

Now in quarantined tank with added aquarium salt well since its not fungus I didnt add in fungus treatment in the water .

The Female partner is doing well and there are no signs of the brown stuff at all.

The fish already in quanrantine tank coming to 4 days now . Some API treatment and aquarium salt with daily water change well actually 2 times a day water change ...

Too early to tell but it looks like the ones in the face and head are getting smaller now ...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back