White growth on Convict

Steve2717

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 13, 2022
Messages
91
Reaction score
29
Points
18
Location
UK
Hi, I've noticed a white growth appear on the edge of my convicts Gill. Can anyone identify what's wrong with it and how best to treat please? Thanks in advance
1000021607.webp
1000021603.webp
1000021599.webp
 
It could be many things but my first guess would be excess mucus due to an injury.

Do more frequent water changes to help prevent infection and see how it goes.
 
It could be many things but my first guess would be excess mucus due to an injury.

Do more frequent water changes to help prevent infection and see how it goes.
I wondered if it could have been injury but thought it looked more of a tumour . He's paired off with a salvini and guarding the nest so is frequently arguing with the others, I've noticed some the others are missing a scale here or there. I may have to split them up. I do at least a 50% water change every Sunday, will this be enough?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top