What is causing my plant to disintegrate?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JamieTYV

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurker here, finally joined up! I have 3 tanks (2 X tropical and one cold water).

One of my tropical tanks is semi-planted (mixture of live and silk plants - seems to keep my Betta happy!) But recently one of my plants has started to "disintegrate" (but only on one leaf so far) - see picture!

It's in a 1 month old 26 gallon tank with heater, at a steady temperature, with filter and LED lighting. The fish in there are my Betta, 3 neon rainbow dwarfs, 2 glass catfish and 3 peppered corydoras. I haven't witnessed any fish attempting to eat the plant.

What is the most likely cause, and remedy for this?

All helpful input appreciated!

Attachments

• received_414615839505786.jpeg
    received_414615839505786.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 86
How long has the plant been in the tank?

The plant might just be melting then. Anubias are often grown out of water. Once they're put into water, the leaves die off and new ones grow.

The plant might just be melting then. Anubias are often grown out of water. Once they're put into water, the leaves die off and new ones grow.

Thank you for your help. Plant was actually sold from submerged within a functioning tank (was in with live fish for sale) so perhaps it's just the change of conditions that's causing "melting" ‍::shrug:: fingers crossed it sorts itself out cos my Betta loves laying on the big, supportive leaves!

Ferts are necessary. The nutrients that your fish give can only give your plants part of what they need. The fertilizer just makes sure that your plants are getting all the nutrients necessary to help them grow.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back