What Happend?

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
I went to my lfs looking for a UV sterilizer. Nothing! ): I saw the clams/mussels, though. Something Gold, Asian Clams. not sure, :S
Alright, so I decided to leave my tank till I can get a ride to Petsmart/Petcetera.

Till today, the algae cleared by itself! I did nothing, but feed my fish everyday.

I'm sure stocking won't really matter, but inside my tank, I have :
- One Amazon Sword Plant, (no ferts, though/co2 injection ):)
- Gravel
- 0 ammonia, nitrites, 10 nitrates.
- no nerite snails. (those clear the algae up, don't they? But I'm not sure about green water.)
- Four med. sized rocks. one plastic plant, two ornaments.

I mean, it's just bizzare to have the water go green, and just go away. Just want to know how it worked.
 
Green water algae takes a lot of light to maintain. I was unable to keep mine going with 16 hours a day of light in my daphnia tank. I ended up feeding them artificially because even with a starter sample, I could not grow green water fast enough to feed the daphnia. In a week, I went from pea soup to clear water. Even after I ended up losing the daphnia, it has been a struggle to revive the green water. I have been using 24 hour a day light and finally have a slight tint of green in my daphnia tank. I doubt I will ever be able to grow enough to support daphnia without supplemental feedings. I may even give up trying to feed them green water although that is supposed to be the best food for them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top