What Foods Did You Hate As A Child, That You Like To Eat Now?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I used to hate onions and garlick but now I can eat them 24/7. When I cook everything is seasoned with garlick salt and/or onion powder :lol: Also olive oil. I cant get enough of pan-fry zucchini and onions cooked in olive oil loaded with garlick salt.

Weird, I know.

used to hate pizza, now cant get enough of it, clearly demonstrated by my stomach lol

anchovies are another which go with the above and also onion

Mushrooms. Mom used to strain them out of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup before I'd eat the soup. Now I love mushrooms....go figure!

i used to hate curries as a kid now i love them. also i never ate any butter or spreads on bread -now i do

I used to hate olives when I was in primary school, I am 15 now and love them!

Also, I would never drink orange juice, now I have it each morning.

I used to hate cheese of any type, now I love mozeralla (and similarly mild cheeses) and cheddar is alright. On the other hand, I always used to eat basically anything. Now every day there comes a 'why do we have no food?' moment when all the food is grossly poor quality (ie, things with meat in that aren't, for instance, chicken breasts) or stuff I hate.

well, im still a chld, but used to HATE peppers, never even tryed them for years and years and years, tryed them again a couple of months ago and couldnt get enough of them. Same wih dark chocolate, except I used to hate it and now think its not too bad.

I would have to say spinach...
Trust me canned 'Popeye' spinach doesn't do fresh spinach justice at all,
just thinking about that crap makes me want to barf :sick:

As a child coleslaw used to make me vomit, :sick: I hated it with a passion , now I eat it on hot dogs , sandwiches and just on it's own. :good: I did and still hate olives , but I cook with olive oil :hyper:

The thought of an anchovie in my mouth just makes me wanna die...but for anyone who hates them and eats Worcestershire sauce, thats what it's made from ... :huh:

I'm actually the complete opposite. I ate more back then than I do now (although I still have a pretty cast iron stomach, not alot fazes me and I'll try anything once, twice if I like it :lol: ). I used to love brussel sprouts as a kid but I aren't too keen on them now (but still eat them coz they are good for me). There is a few other things I can't remember right now (trying to think at 4 am will do that to ya :lol: ) but that is the one that immediately comes to mind.

I never liked milk when I was a kid. It just smelled bad to me. Now I have a bowl of cereal with milk every Saturday and Sunday morning. During the week, I tend not to think about breakfast.

Rice pudding made me heave as a child. Love it now especially muller pots.

Celery couldnt eat it as a kid now I love it, also turnips used to make me gag cant say I love them now but I can eat them

The other way round: Loved Raviolli as a kid not now, and meatballs

hated Blancmange as a kid and I still do !!

And referring to an earlier post I tried Haggis a couple of weeks ago and thought it was delicious :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back