What Foods Did You Hate As A Child, That You Like To Eat Now?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BALINTOY

Reaction score
I never used to eat any kind of fish except seafood and also Shepheds Pie. I can't get enough of them now. :blink:

Blehhhhhhhh... I loathe Shepard's Pie. GROSS.

Hmmm....

I used to hate spinach, love it now...

ummmmm.... tomatoes... I hated them as a kid, LOVE cooked ones now, starting to kinda like raw ones..

Sprouts.....I hated them when I was young but I could eat them all day long now, especially raw, I just have to make sure there is a window open. :blush:

Sprouts.....I hated them when I was young but I could eat them all day long now, especially raw, I just have to make sure there is a window open. :blush:

Can't say I have ever tried eating sprouts raw ???? I LOVE haggis, neeps & tatties though :drool:

[/quote]

Hi,

Neeps are Turnips. It is a lovely meal. Have you ever tried haggis? Its lovely. :drool:
[/quote]
knew that somewhere in the back of my mind, but had obviously forgotten! my parents would be ashamed, they're both from oop north!
No i've never tried haggis, i was brought up vegetarian, so the thought of it is a bit :sick: to me, sorry!

I didn't like rich dairy products like ice cream, cream or butter. Now I am a heart attack waiting to happen :lol:

Apparently as a kid (upto about age 7 or so) I didn't like sweets or icecream, mum tells me that when the icecream van used to come around and al the kids ran in begging for money for an icecream, I used to come and ask for some bread and butter :blink:

However now, I can eat chocolate until I am sick :drool: and icecream by the tub and I have the figure to prove it :rolleyes:

Oddest thing though is beetroot, I used to love it, then hate it, then love it again, then hate it again, then in my late 20's I started getting a craving for it and I now eat it quite a lot especially in the summer on salads.

Arfie

I loathed spinach and onions as a child, now I enjoy them. To be fair, I had only ever had canned spinach in my youth, and my mother hated onions and constantly told me they were 'yucky', back then.

I actually also loved chocolate then, and whent through about a 6 year period where I thought chocolate was horrible... between 21 and 27, I think.

I couldnt stand tomatoes as a child but they are now very much part of my staple diet, we eat a lot of tomato based sauces and dishes as well as having them raw in salads, roasted with other mediteranian vegetables or grilled with fry ups or steak.
I still cant stand cucumber, just the smell of a freshly cut cucumber sends me out of the room and should i be unfortunate enough to accidently get a piece in my mouth the taste makes me sick.

I'm not a great chocolate fan but chocolate based deserts are something completely different, anything with the words "triple chocolate mousse" mentioned and i'll eat a family sized portion to myself.

I still cant stand cucumber, just the smell of a freshly cut cucumber sends me out of the room and should i be unfortunate enough to accidently get a piece in my mouth the taste makes me sick.
I take it you don't feed it to your fish then??? ;)

Peanut butter used to make me gag - even just the thought of it.

Now I love it :drool: (infrequent and in small quantities).

Didn't particularly like ice cream (still don't like it - nothing to do with teeth or pain) - but wouldn't say hate. Funny that - coming from a hot country.

Nothing else really. Pretty easy going. Apart from stuff like McDonalds, KFC - :sick: just at the thought of it :sick:

Apparently as a kid (upto about age 7 or so) I didn't like sweets or icecream, mum tells me that when the icecream van used to come around and al the kids ran in begging for money for an icecream, I used to come and ask for some bread and butter :blink:

However now, I can eat chocolate until I am sick :drool: and icecream by the tub and I have the figure to prove it :rolleyes:

Oddest thing though is beetroot, I used to love it, then hate it, then love it again, then hate it again, then in my late 20's I started getting a craving for it and I now eat it quite a lot especially in the summer on salads.

Arfie

When the ice cream van used to come round us, Joe used to hide - maybe it was something to do with me saying "that is where the children eating goblins live" - but you never know.

like you are with beetroot, I am with mussels, sometimes love them, other times hate them, odd isn't it?

When I was a child I hated tomato soup, and I like it now, but the other way round, when I was a child I loved cabbage and now I hate it (though I still love spouts).

Sprouts, mushrooms. Still can't stand olives altho I love the smell of them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back