The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lazybones3677

Reaction score
Hi I currently have neon tetras, dwarf gouramis, bitlenose pleco and yo yo loaches, I have recently upgraded my tank and was wondering what colourful and exciting tank mates would suit my tank? Any advise would be great ?

Welcome to the forum.
What size tank? How long has it been set up?

Yes I agree in we need the size of your aquarium, how long it has been set up. After knowing this, we can better suggestions for you.

160l and been set up for a month ?
Lol I have to always convert liters to gallons for me to get an idea of how big an aquarium tank is.

I don't know anything about yoyo loaches. Tetras and dwarf gouramis don't have much in the way of bio-load, but a pleco does and its bio-load is huge. In that case, you could add a few more tetras or have a couple of schools of small tetras, a few snails or shrimp, that's about it.

Lol I have to always convert liters to gallons for me to get an idea of how big an aquarium tank is.

I don't know anything about yoyo loaches. Tetras and dwarf gouramis don't have much in the way of bio-load, but a pleco does and its bio-load is huge. In that case, you could add a few more tetras or have a couple of schools of small tetras, a few snails or shrimp, that's about it.
Even the brittle nose ones? I thought they had a much lower bio load then common plecos? Tank looks empty at the minute so was hoping I could add some colour and excitement aha

That's about 42 US gallons, a single BNP would be fine.
Did you cycle the tank during the past month.

That's about 42 US gallons, a single BNP would be fine.
Did you cycle the tank during the past month.
Yes all cycled had an expert family me member who set it all up for me all cycled and fish only just gone in also have a quarantine tank setting up ready currently to get some more fish

Yes all cycled had an expert family me member who set it all up for me all cycled and fish only just gone in also have a quarantine tank setting up ready currently to get some more fish
So really stock to tetras though if I want to add more?

How many of each fish do you have? A big school of neons (15+) always looks impressive. What about something like Empire Gudgeons? Nice colours to complement your other fish and wont be predatory towards the others. I'm assuming you have neutral to soft water.

Even the brittle nose ones? I thought they had a much lower bio load then common plecos? Tank looks empty at the minute so was hoping I could add some colour and excitement aha
I finally found this video. It's about removing. algae on driftwood, but shows the huge bio-load created by a pleco.

How many of each fish do you have? A big school of neons (15+) always looks impressive. What about something like Empire Gudgeons? Nice colours to complement your other fish and wont be predatory towards the others. I'm assuming you have neutral to soft water.
Got 9 neon tetras 3 draws gouramis 1 brittlenose and 3 yo yo loaches

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back