What Fish Should I Get?

sykogngsta

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
240
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Colorado
My 28 gallon tank has been cycling for about two months now and its about time to get some fish. Does anyone have any fish that they would reccomend, since im not too sure what i want yet? :X
 
Ill give you a run of a few of my fav common fish thou not all can live together.

Angelfish, Tiger Barbs, Bolivian Rams, Black Knifefish (Ive read there is a spieces that only gets to about 12" which might be to big for your tank) umm Bleeding Heart Tetras, Kuhli Loaches, Danios are evil, I dislike them very much, lemme think....Von Rio Tetras, if you can find them (i cant) dwarf cockatoo chilids (very colorful). Ok thats all i got. Good Luck
 
Ill give you a run of a few of my fav common fish thou not all can live together.

Angelfish, Tiger Barbs, Bolivian Rams, Black Knifefish (Ive read there is a spieces that only gets to about 12" which might be to big for your tank) umm Bleeding Heart Tetras, Kuhli Loaches, Danios are evil, I dislike them very much, lemme think....Von Rio Tetras, if you can find them (i cant) dwarf cockatoo chilids (very colorful). Ok thats all i got. Good Luck

All commonly imported knifefish will get too large for a 28g.
 
I might get a breeding pair of some kind of cichlid. But, does anyone know how many rainbow fish or coies i can fit in my 28 gallon tank?
 
With breeding cichlids in the same tank, I wouldn't do it. But without the cichlids, I'd say 6 rainbows and 6 cories.
 
With breeding cichlids in the same tank, I wouldn't do it. But without the cichlids, I'd say 6 rainbows and 6 cories.

If i was not breeding cichlids, could i have a Ram in the tank with the cories or rainbows?
 
hey hey hey.... easy on the danios, i just spent the last 3 months breeding hundreds of them.

I find the best way to keep them happy is in sets of 14 - 20 and WELL FED. a hungry danio will nip fins, become agitated, and agitate others.

Alright... thread hijack over.
 
hey hey hey.... easy on the danios, i just spent the last 3 months breeding hundreds of them.

I find the best way to keep them happy is in sets of 14 - 20 and WELL FED. a hungry danio will nip fins, become agitated, and agitate others.

Alright... thread hijack over.

I guess danios aren't that bad, they jsut aren't my favorite fish...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top