so any fish person that has kept aquariums for a long time, has surely noticed that the air lines get hard, particularly the ends actually in the water … it doesn’t seem to matter the material, vinyl, silicone, clear, blue, or black…
causes??? does the air moving through the line cause a static charge, that attracts something to the line physically or chemically, does it get work hardened from the minute pulses from the pumps, is it absorbing something from the water??? as a side, I notice Oto’s or small plecos seem to spend a lot of time on them, like they get biofilm faster than the glass in the tanks… kind of a caffeine thought if the day, as I watch a bunch of Oto’s congregate on some air lines…
causes??? does the air moving through the line cause a static charge, that attracts something to the line physically or chemically, does it get work hardened from the minute pulses from the pumps, is it absorbing something from the water??? as a side, I notice Oto’s or small plecos seem to spend a lot of time on them, like they get biofilm faster than the glass in the tanks… kind of a caffeine thought if the day, as I watch a bunch of Oto’s congregate on some air lines…







