What fish can't you keep?

Puffer_freak

Put the trombone down, *****!
Reaction score
What fish can't you keep, I can't Gouramis and I know Love_My_Oscars can't keep Neon Tetras. Pleez join in, oh yeah, and love_my_oscars, feel free to join in anyway!!!! :D

I can't keep freakin' mollies!!!

Everyone says they are super tough and all that, but mine just die on me. I had 12, they all died when nothing was happening. No other fish were sick, except those damned mollies.

P.T.

usually carnival goldfish, but we have one that has been doing suprisingly well! no ones even picking on him! (unless of course he trespasses into my gourami's corner...but thats defense...not aggresion)

:D

Phantom Thief said:
I can't keep freakin' mollies!!!

Everyone says they are super tough and all that, but mine just die on me. I had 12, they all died when nothing was happening. No other fish were sick, except those damned mollies.

P.T.
These are my achilles heel as well. Just about every taank i have had i try mollies and all they do is die. I feel like the grim reaper for black mollies. :/

My own personal decision, but I'd never touch liverbearers (ever again)! They breed to easily, and as a result, this causes the following problems....

1) Inbreeding
2) Susceptability to diseases
3) Not enough tank space
4) Genetic deformities

Plus, I've heard that these fishes, especially guppies, are genetically modified to give them their colourful plumage. Many of these fishes would die in the wild.

In answer to your question, I think it also depends on a) how big your tank is, B) what types of fish is in your community, c) affordability, d) availability, and e) your preference.

powder blue gouramis. i've tried and tried and they never thrive and eventually watse away. it's a shame because they're beautiful and i'd love to have a few :(

Great White Sharks

I actually went to a LFS and was chatting to the guy who owned it, and he was saying "yeah, I can get any fish you want" so I said how about a great white shark then? His reply was "yeah, I can get one of them. It'll cost you about half a million, but I can get one!!!"
So if anyone want a Great White, let me know and I'll tell you where to go!!!! :lol: :lol:

Tin Foil Barbs!

The most skittish fish I ever owned. He used to race up and down the aquarium and whack into the glass - didn't half try to give me heart failure, lol. Also used to chase the other fish an bully them.

One morning I found him wedged between a rock and the heater. The other fish had started eating him during the night and we had to euthanise him.

Goldfish - I had 4 they almost boiled to death, the experience gave them ICH and they all died.

My room is in a converted attic and when the hot weather hit, my tank temp went up to 86deg, well this was at 7pm when I got home so you can imagine how hot it got between 12-2pm.

Most reactions

Back