Reaction score
I'm torn on this
nice and different, looks like a great volume and assume a great surface area
but the bit for the dog seems very narrow

Attachments

• dog kennel.jpg
    dog kennel.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 56
I like the overall idea and my dog would love it.

Just seems a bit small to me (looking at substrate footprint) and seems it would be harder to keep the correct temp.

EDIT: I didn't see the door! Lemme edit my whole post...

Maybe not to much room for lower strata fish, and the passage takes up alot of room...I wouldn't like the vibrations or energy of the animal, but maybe if you painted the inside of the passage black to hide the motion?

My dog wouldn't be able to walk through that...

I have several problems with this tank:

1. As others have said, the footprint is not great because much of the potential footprint is wasted in an arch
2. Maintaining the tank would be very complicated. Water changes would be awkward and getting to the substrate would be almost impossible.
3. There's no room for driftwood and the tank is way too deep for many lights to support plants.
4. This tank came off of Tanked, and they explained that they put some sort of scratch resistant coating on the arch, but dogs aren't just going to go in the tunnel. They'll chase fish from all sides.
5. Fish stock would be very limited due to the funky shape of this tank. Bottom dwellers would have to be little and few, mid level fish would have to work really hard to swim where in the middle column, but I suppose top dwelling fish would do well enough. You'd have to also be careful about tall fish. If you had a full grown discus (and they have juvie discus in this tank), it would have a difficult time going over the arch.

Personally, for me, my pit bull, and my fish, we prefer squares or rectangles lower to the ground. I can easily reach into the tanks (I'm short), my girl can watch the tanks (and she's learned now that she is NOT supposed to do anything more than press her nose to the glass), and and my fish can have full access to a well-planted tank with a decent footprint.

the idea is really amazing in my opinion, never seen something like that.

My dog would not even look at it she'd just hop on the sofa again

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back