What Do You Think Of This Deal? (ebay)

smmetz

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 12, 2005
Messages
480
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New York state
http://cgi.ebay.com/Oceanic-Ultimate-150-G...1QQcmdZViewItem

I passed on this auction a couple weeks ago, and now notice it is up again. I wouldn't need the skimmer, since I would set it up fresh water. What do you guys think of the deal?

I could only get the stuff to add up to around $3000 new, not the $6000+ he claims, but it still looks like a really nice tank to me, I'm quite tempted. (I think my wife will shoot me if I get it though, money a bit tight)
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you want it, get it :) No one else's opinion is more important than yours. Id imagine a common plec would be ok in there :)
 
I am a bit picky with what I want. I want a 125+ tank, but get nervous about the weight, so would rather not get a 180. I want built in overflows, but not corner ones, so I dont have to see the inside of them from the side of the tank. I want a nice stand and matching canopy. This is one of the few auctions that meets these criteria.

I also like that it has starphire front glass, it's a nice added bonus. Plus, it comes with everything I need to run the tank, so I dont have to spend several hundred $$$ on filtration, etc.

I kind of wish it was a 125 since they are about 500 pounds lighter when full, but I think the 150 should be OK. (on first floor, above basement, but only about 2 feet from the center beam of the house, the tank would be parallel to the center beam, perpendicular to the floor joists) Anyway, I am not asking about the floor strength issue really, but if you guys think this deal is a bargain.
 
Thats a pretty good deal for a saltwater set-up since he is including all pieces including the sump and it's accesories. IMO, a little overpriced to just use as a freshwater tank as I can ge the same thing for about $500.00. But it is a nice looking tank and if want it, go for it :good:
 
Thats a pretty good deal for a saltwater set-up since he is including all pieces including the sump and it's accesories. IMO, a little overpriced to just use as a freshwater tank as I can ge the same thing for about $500.00. But it is a nice looking tank and if want it, go for it :good:

??? a 150 reef ready tank by itself is almost 500 new, and this particular one goes for $800 new. (which is overpriced, but that is what you pay for that brand, and starphire glass) A sump with pump goes for over 500. A decent stand and matching canopy goes for well over 500. I don't see how I would be able to get a similar setup for close to 500, even used. (have been browsing ebay for several months) I am not being sarcastic when I say, please let me know how I can get a setup anything like this for $500.


I know a sump is not needed for fresh water, but I really wanted the tank to go right up against the wall, so that is why I wanted a pre-drilled tank.
 
I meant what you would need for a freshwater set-up. thats why I said for a saltwater this is a steal :good:

You can get a regular 150, for only a couple hundred. If you want a sump or trickle for the freshies then you can drill overflow holes, build your own stand/hood, and use a used/old tank from your lfs or eBay that costs next to nothing for the sump/trickle.

This set-up I described may not be as "pretty" as the one that is for sale, but with a little work and know-how, it can be reproduced mechanically :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top