What do you think is the most popular tropical fish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SAChichlidLover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all,
Yesterday I picked up some neon tetras for my community tank and I actually forgot how cute these little guys are.. anyways theres always neon tetras everywhere I've been and I'm thinking surely they are the most popular aquarium fish of all time! Do you agree with me?

Thats so true, I think they are as popular as the neons. Literally see them everywhere too haha! I wish geophagus were more popular in the uk as I have burned £25 on just one male yesterday :oops: ?
Neon Tetras are super popular, but Bettas are #1.

Guppies are another super popular one as well.

Neon Tetras are super popular, but Bettas are #1.

Guppies are another super popular one as well.
How could I forget about guppies! They're also everywhere..

Hmm I think it depends on the country for bettas as in the uk its more common to have masses of guppies and tetras than it is bettas in stores but it might just be the stores I've visited in all honesty. Another super popular fish is angels and gouramis :)

How could I forget about guppies! They're also everywhere..

Hmm I think it depends on the country for bettas as in the uk its more common to have masses of guppies and tetras than it is bettas in stores but it might just be the stores I've visited in all honesty. Another super popular fish is angels and gouramis :)
Bettas are every here in the USA to!

Bettas are beautiful but aren’t they a “girly” fish? Correct me if I’m wrong. True purples are very had to find and expensive. Most bettas come from Taiwan and Indonesia no matter here you live.

Bettas are beautiful but aren’t they a “girly” fish? Correct me if I’m wrong. True purples are very had to find and expensive. Most bettas come from Taiwan and Indonesia no matter here you live.
Yeah the true purples are extremely hard to find which is why I'm wondering if anyones actually seen one in a shop :)

Do you normally get the rarer bettas such as the true purple?
No, not usually. Just the normal colors: blue, red, white, black

My LFS occasionally gets a real stunner (that I naturally can’t get ?) like this one:
9CAE1F1D-1687-4869-9051-8020B300C7DE.jpeg

You’re incredibly wrong my friend. :crazy::oh::oh:

I would think Plecos are also veryyyyyy popular. I agree that the like MOST popular would be guppies or bettas, but I would say mollies are definitely up there too!

I would have thought goldfish. Neons. Guppies. But I started with swordtails and have always looked at them as popular, I have alwsys sold them as a first fish for people.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back