What do you guys think could fit in this fishtank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BettaBonzu

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have a fish tank that I have had for a while and I was wondering what tropical fish do you guys think could fit in here. (Refer to pic)
I am pretty experienced in terms of fish, I have a huge tank with Goldfish in it and I love them all to much to get rid of them, so Im making do with this littler one. This tank is about five gallons.

I was initially hoping to have a couple of Guppies and 1 or 2 bumble bee fish in it, what are your guys thoughts on this?... I was thinking it was a bit small but they are pretty tiny fish
IMG_2322.jpeg .IMG_2321.jpeg
Im also thinking that I may just have a really nice Betta in it instead, which Im really liking the idea of, with maybe a few small tetras or something.

Any suggestions of the type of Tropical fish you think can fit in here would be great. Thanks Guys n Gals!

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply. This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

I measured the tank and converted it into gallons and got a bout 5.1 gallons. I will definitely be taking up your suggesting of bringing the water to the pet shop but for now ... what are your thoughts on the amount/type of fish I can have in it.

Thanks Alot!

EDIT: it may also be good to know I have had tropical fish a couple years ago, and my tank was pretty succesful and I know the water pipes haven't changed!

Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to TFF.

I agree with all Colin posted. We really cannot suggest fish without knowing the GH and pH of your source (tap) water. This is a very small tank, and suitable fish will probably be wild caught and thus have specific needs when it comes to the water chemistry.

GH is the measure of dissolved minerals, primarily calcium and magnesium, in the water. This is important for fish, because every species of freshwater fish has evolved over thousands of years to function in very specific water. There are fish that must have harder water, and fish that must have softer water, and some species but certainly not all have more adaptability with this.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back