What Do You Do When Your On Vacation?

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
4,074
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Location
US
I'm going to be gone for 10 days. I have a friend that is ok with fish she has a tank. I will have her come over every other day to check on the fish.

I have 2 five week old fry in a 5 gal tank with a sponge filter they are the only ones I'm worried about.

What do you do when you leave your fish. How often do you have the person watching them feed? Or do you have anyone feed them??
 
My next door neighbour comes in twice a day to feed our fish (we feed them twice a day normally) although they get fed at different times to what we'd feed them at; she feeds them when she opens and shuts the curtains.
 
I've left my tank unattended for a week without a problem. I don't think you'll have much of a problem leaving them for a further week.
 
Iv never been on holiday while ive had my fish how depressing lol
 
I get together about a 200 little leashes and tie them up nice and secure so that they can walk around and go on vacation whereever I am at. They maybe tropicals, but they deserve to take a dip in the nice Bahamas also!


Actually, I never have the money for a serious vacation so I can't say I have had that problem. Even if I did, I would likely blow the money on more fish stuff anyway!
 
Thanks. When I say vacation it means going to see my family on the east coast so its not like a super fun vacation. I am just going to have my friend feed them a few times a week I'm scared she will over feed them.
 
If you are worried that the fish may be overfed, consider getting one of those medicine containers (the ones marked by the day), and just put the normal servings you would feed in each compartment. That way everything is pre-measured for your friend, and unless she goes against your instructions they'll get the right amount.
 
I'm going to be gone for 10 days. I have a friend that is ok with fish she has a tank. I will have her come over every other day to check on the fish.

I have 2 five week old fry in a 5 gal tank with a sponge filter they are the only ones I'm worried about.

What do you do when you leave your fish. How often do you have the person watching them feed? Or do you have anyone feed them??

i went to australia for a month a couple of years ago and had a friend clean out my fish tank twice while i was away and my sister in law feed them for me every other day. when i was in cuba for 2 weeks this year they did not get cleaned out they just got feed every other dayby sister in law again.
 
if its 10 days just leave the tank, the fish will be fine


Thats what I'm thinking but she will be over to care for the dogs so I will have her feed them every other day I think. I am so glad I got a light timer for my tanks.

Thanks. guys

The only fish I'm really worried about are my 6 week old fry.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top