What do i do with all these babies?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Ava

Reaction score
So my mystery snails hatched an egg clutch about 1-2 weeks ago and the babies are growing fairly fast (the point where their colors start to peep through) the are still pretty small but there are over 200 babies and I canā€™t keep them all. I will keep about 20 but I want to sell most of them but iā€™m not sure where. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• C52CA231-8D42-45B9-85C4-4AF892B74337.jpeg
    C52CA231-8D42-45B9-85C4-4AF892B74337.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 48
So my mystery snails hatched an egg clutch about 1-2 weeks ago and the babies are growing fairly fast (the point where their colors start to peep through) the are still pretty small but there are over 200 babies and I canā€™t keep them all. I will keep about 20 but I want to sell most of them but iā€™m not sure where. Any suggestions?
See if your LFS will take them...they may not pay, but at least you will be rid of them

That many snail shells growing at once can deplete the calcium ions from the water column fairy quickly, which can lead to a ph crash...been there, done that

Reactions: Ava
See if your LFS will take them...they may not pay, but at least you will be rid of them

That many snail shells growing at once can deplete the calcium ions from the water column fairy quickly, which can lead to a ph crash...been there, done that
Thank you, iā€™ll check with my lfs. Iā€™m testing the water every three days to insure all the parameters are good and doing 25% water weekly so they have clean water

grow them up so they are at lease the same diameter as your thumb nail and sell them to a pet shop. use the money/ credit from the sale to buy more stuff.

@Ava

You seem to have two types of Mystery/ Apple snails.
There is the spotted variety which are the darker ones.
The second type is the lighter one that has a creamy colour.

Maybe sell them with these names:
1) Spotted Mystery/ Apple Snails
2) Cream/Light Golden Mystery/Apple Snails

Reactions: Ava
You may want to also try to sell them on here in the forum's marketplace.

Are those GOLDEN Mystery Snails? SNAILS!!!
Thatā€™s a good idea! There is a variety of gold, ivory, wild, jade, and a couple magenta and purple.

@Ava

You seem to have two types of Mystery/ Apple snails.
There is the spotted variety which are the darker ones.
The second type is the lighter one that has a creamy colour.

Maybe sell them with these names:
1) Spotted Mystery/ Apple Snails
2) Cream/Light Golden Mystery/Apple Snails
I believe that a few of the spotted ones will turn turn into either jade, purple, or blue. I could be wrong. My friend has helped me identify some of them. (with experience from raising mystery snails) The picture only shows roughly half of them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back