what do clownfish eat?

Fuzzy

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I am gettin 2 clownfish and i was wondering if the would just eat frozen shrimp and will anenomes eat frozen shrimp to. plz answer thnx

Clowns will eat flake food,brine shrimp,and just about anything that will fit in their mouth. Anenomes will eat small chuncks of shrimp. Just be sure it is raw and un cooked.

Hope this helps.

I am gettin 2 clownfish and i was wondering if the would just eat frozen shrimp

Yes, they will eat frozen shrimp (defrosted). I would advise that you do not feed brine shrimp however as their main diet. They have almost zero nutritional value (unless they are gut loaded or soaked). It's fish junk food. The only time I feed brine is if I need to entice a fish to start eating through/after an illness or if the fish is shocky due to being a new tank addition.

A better choice of food is a variety of frozen and flake. To give you an idea of what I mean I feed: Prime Reef flakes, Formula 1 cubes, frozen mysis shrimp, sea veggies, dried zoo plankton (soaked in selcon) etc. They like blood worms for treats too. :)

Try and provide a range of foods, not just one type. Your fish will be happier and healthier.

will anenomes eat frozen shrimp

Yes, they will eat pieces of shrimp (defrosted) Krill, small bits of beef heart, bits of squid - lots of things. Again, feed a variety, not one thing.

Anemones don't always need that much food. If you have clownfish in your anemone(s), they will sometimes share their food with the anemone.

As for feeding clownfish, frozen brine shrimp are good, but a great flake food to get is Newlife Spectrum. Be sure to get the smallest possible size, so that they will be able to fit it into their mouths!

hi how long as ur tank been set up from the other post ive read it doesnt seem long also wot lighting have u got
how long u been keeping marines a anmeone i the hardest marine creature to keep i think ur getting it to early here

taking in consideration

anmeones can live for millions of years no anemone as been kept in captivity for its life time only (aptaisias and and majanos r easy to keep pestanemones)
anemones need lots of light (halides)
ur water needs to be perfect no changes in water parameters etc
also some anemones can eat fish (carpet anemones etc)
most anemones can only be kept in captivity for 2 years then they die
if they r not in the right water some a meerly week
i think as u r a beginner u should stop and think these r livings things
and maybe think abouth getting a sarcaphyton sp (toadstoolcoral)
clowns will also adopt to them they r similar to anemones but they have no
mouth to eat fish inverts ets
they feed on plankton in ur water they do not need as much light
they r as nice as anemones and its 1 of the best beginers coral to keep
so pllzzz think about it and take the best choice and go for the sarcaphyton sp coral u will benefit they wont be 1 less anemone in the sea
whe u got a nice reef tank full of corals and u been keeping corals for a good couple of years and u feel u want to try a anemone then see wot u think when u get more knowledgable on marines etc ull no
also consier makeing sure u got all the right equipment
(halides etc)

i dont keep anemones i never will till we can start keeping them for there years they live and not just to years or 1 week

u can also look on my main site i go on its based on marine only
its a nice happy forum like a family basically they have monthly meets
across the uk i for 1 go and theres a lot of information on there all the advice is free of charge no fee to sighn up and everbody will be willing to meet u
and share good informative advice

my names same on there as it is on there
www.reefpark.co.uk

cheers ritchie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back