What Did I Get Myself Into?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They're called warning points and like a driving licence (in the UK at least) if you keep getting warning points once you reach a certain level you get banned.

Yes.....? (Well you did ask.......)

Would be sad to see you leave, we can't all agree on everything, world would be a boring place if we did.
Though the no war and murder would be nice......
Do we have demerit points now like a driver's license? :)
You know we’ve always had points. Ten and you’re outta here! :nod:

I've actually spent a bit a of time on some fb pages of recent, UK ones so can't comment on the ones you're likely referring to @Deanasue
They're mostly ok actually, I've seen a couple of members from here post on them. However, its missing the community spirit that TFF has. (The theme tune to Cheers has just started playing in my mind.)
I think we have an idea of each others strengths and weaknesses on here and I couldn't have learned from fb what I have on here. Or followed some of the exciting tank journals. Oh, something new I did read on fb recently... someone said you can feed mushroom to plecs? Really? I dont have a plec to feed so im not interested but still surprised by it

I've actually spent a bit a of time on some fb pages of recent, UK ones so can't comment on the ones you're likely referring to @Deanasue
They're mostly ok actually, I've seen a couple of members from here post on them. However, its missing the community spirit that TFF has. (The theme tune to Cheers has just started playing in my mind.)
I think we have an idea of each others strengths and weaknesses on here and I couldn't have learned from fb what I have on here. Or followed some of the exciting tank journals. Oh, something new I did read on fb recently... someone said you can feed mushroom to plecs? Really? I dont have a plec to feed so im not interested but still surprised by it
Can I be Norm?

I once was on face book, but I had to give it up because my wife that I have been hiding from for the past three years found me there. I said to myself yikes, she found me, signed off, never went back.

My wife is a fair weather person, there are those that are an asset and those that are a liability in any relationship. She is nothing but a liability, when I was making the good money she was happy, when I fell on hard times she made my life unbearable.

So when I had enough and I left as I went she yelled saying, "Where ever you go I will find you." All she wants is more money.

You know we’ve always had points. Ten and you’re outta here! :nod:
No I didn't actually know we had demerit points. How long have they been around for?

--------------------
I think it's in your profile somewhere. You should also be notified if you've been awarded warning points.
You think it's in our profile. That's a concern coming from a moderator :)

Can I be Norm?
giphy.gif

No I didn't actually know we had demerit points. How long have they been around for?

--------------------

You think it's in our profile. That's a concern coming from a moderator :)
They’re “warning points”, not demerit points. Geeze, Louise. :)

You think it's in our profile. That's a concern coming from a moderator
I don't have any warning points so I can't look at my profile to check that's where they are. And we don't have a list of who's been given warning points so I don't know which profiles to look at to see if the points are in there. It just shows up if we need to warn someone for a second time.
But I do seem to remember that last time I had to give warning points (to a member who was later banned) that warning points appear in this part of our profiles alongside the number of messages, reactions and points but only visible to that member, no other member.

profile.jpg

I should add that we don't give warning points unless a member has done something to deserve them, usually for one of these reasons

post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually suggestive, threatening, angry, rude, hostile, mean-spirited, ridiculous, incessant, provoking, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law.
(from the forum rules https://www.fishforums.net/threads/forum-signature-other-rules.422935/)

We are lucky on this forum that on the whole members don't treat other members badly so warning points are rarely given.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back