What can I put in a 60 gallon tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Is there any chance I can just shrink these amount of fishes because the cost is $88

12 Cory cat fish-$37.08

8-10 skirt tetras-$16.27

10-12 rosy barb or tiger barb half female/male-$27.9

Is there any chance I can just shrink these amount of fishes because the cost is $88

12 Cory cat fish-$37.08

8-10 skirt tetras-$16.27

10-12 rosy barb or tiger barb half female/male-$27.9

Shoaling fish are always healthier with more of the species, so once you start reducing the numbers you could impact the fish. Having said that, the numbers I suggested was a guide in response to the circumstances under discussion. In this 4-foot length tank, I would not go under 12 cories, and even more would be much better. This is a very social fish.

The Rosy Barb and Tiger Bareb were not mentioned previously; if you decide on Tige3r Barbs, you need 10 minimum, and then no sedate fish or fish with flowing fins as these are too enticing for the Tigers to fin nip. The Black Ruby Barb is much less likely to do this.

The Rosy Barb, Pethia conchonius, is a lively but peaceful fish that will normally do well in an aquarium with similar-sized non-aggressive fish such as other barbs, rasbora and loaches. Must be kept in a group of at least six but again a couple more will mean better fish. Not suitable for slow, sedate fish because of its active swimming. Tankmates however must be able to manage with the lower temperatures this species prefers.

Skirt Tetras...presumably the Black Skirt or Black Widow Tetra (Gymnocorymbus ternetzi) is sometimes a bit of a problem, as it is prone to fin nip so it needs a decent number (8 would be my minimum), and no sedate or long-fin tankmates.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back