what can i have

Sorry to burst your bubble, but i personally wouldn't put any of those fish in something smaller than a 10g. In fact, the upside down cats should go in tanks bigger than 20g, IMO. Far from being able to have more fish, i think you are overstocked.

P.T.

I believe the upside down catfish is Synodontis Nigriventris? If so, it grows to an eventual size of 4 inches, and won't have enough space.

P.T.

I've gotta agree with the rest. Unfortunately a 5 gallon tank is extremely limiting.

It's also possible to keep the dwarf gourami and replace the cats with a couple of otos which are much smaller. Or you could get a couple of male guppies with your gourami.

Though a 5 gallon IS very limmiting, there are several species that would work well. The key is to research first and never overstock. With 5 gallon tanks, a good rule is to never add fish that will get larger than 2 inches and to use the 'one inch per gallon' guideline when stocking - remember to calculate using adult sizes and to take compatibility (both water parameters and aggression) into account and also to be careful when considering any social, shoaling fish as you will need to keep them in groups that may not be practical in such a small space.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back