What are you doing today?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

The raccoon also transmits rabies? Here the frequent visits are cane toads (Rhinella marina). The dog and the cat don't care so much about them, they may figure out that it's bad business to try attacking them. They are a native species here, so it's not a pest and there are natural predators such as Caiman latirostris (although I never saw any jacaré in my entire life).

Just came in from removing 14 inches of snow from the driveway and clearing paths to Linda’s bird garden.

It is now sleet and freezing rain so after a cup of hot chocolate I will be salting and sanding the hill part of the driveway and steps to the bird garden.

Power is expected to be down at some point do to the freezing rain. LP generators were prepped yesterday. Rain is supposed to turn back to snow and bless us with another 9 inches.

I knew this winter was to good to be true and find myself longing for Sedona. Alas those days are now a memory.

It sounds like the storm that has started here has already visited @Oldspartan . Because we're on the ocean, we could get it as rain, freezing rain or snow.

We are watchful for rabies here. I know of no local cases, but if you get bitten, the shots begin. We have foxes and raccoons as the main issues, but skunks, feral cats and dogs who watch conspiracy videos on youtube are also to be watched. I guess technically, black bears, coyotes and bobcats would be possible, but no one likes to think about that.

I'm vaguely prepped, as the storm is vaguely defined here. This has been the strangesst winter I've ever seen.

I just looked up Sedona. Arizona, eh? It looks pretty, but hot.

Winter temps from Dec through Feb are generally mid 60’s day and mid 40 at night. You really want to be gone late spring through fall though. Arizona blistered my bald spot the one year we stayed in Yuma though June.

We drove 90 minutes to Denver, Pennsylvania to pick up Chloe. She is eight weeks old. Chloe had an uneventful car ride back to our home. I started training her immediately and she was fully engaged. Her attention span is about a nanosecond but that’s to be expected. Then I IMG_0793.jpeggave her a good romp in the backyard to Tucker her out. Now she’s inside sleeping.

We drove 90 minutes to Denver, Pennsylvania to pick up Chloe. She is eight weeks old. Chloe had an uneventful car ride back to our home. I started training her immediately and she was fully engaged. Her attention span is about a nanosecond but that’s to be expected. Then I View attachment 339078gave her a good romp in the backyard to Tucker her out. Now she’s inside sleeping.
Good thing entries are closed for the Pet of the Month Contest! She is a Winner! Beautiful pup, I wish you the best of luck with her 🐾🐾

I had a 1974 Gran Torino with the 351 engine. Clint Eastwood starred in the movie
GRAN TORINO and the car was in the movie.
Highly recommend the movie
Back when each division of GM had their own 350, I had Buick and Olds versions in cutlass' and skylarks. I never had a ford 351, only the peppy 289 in a Cougar(remember the tail lights?).

Have another 10 or so inches since I did snow removal. Probably 18 inches at the head of the driveway, that will be really heavy and might require hand shoveling.

Weather guy says it stoped snowing but nope, not here. Now getting a fine sleeting snow.

Considering calling in the infantry with a plow.

Sort of grumbling and more convinced that common sense is very uncommon. ;) Someone broke the washing machine in the laundry room on my floor. The thing has a lid that locks closed when in use and it seems someone wanted to add something to the wash and pried open the lid... :dunno: My guess is that they broke the switch that detects that the lid is closed.

I had a 1974 Gran Torino with the 351 engine. Clint Eastwood starred in the movie
GRAN TORINO and the car was in the movie.
Highly recommend the movie
Me and Clint had a falling out and this movie was his way of trying to get back in my good books . Simple and , for the most part , uncomplicated it was actually a good movie . The bigot learns something and the bad guys get their just reward . That and several good lines that Clint Eastwood is known for . The reading of Walt’s will was priceless .

I have a photo of myself next to the aforesaid Torino After I wrecked it, I will have to find it and post it! I think it was 1977 or 78.

My girlfriend's scrape-ing of the piston lands on the Olds 350 during rebuild convinced me she was a keeper, but then a year or 2 later commuting to work during one of the many "gas crisis" convinced me to scrap the beast, probably worth 40K now. At least I still have the M22 and the Hurst T-handle in my shed.

Most reactions

Back