What Are You Doing For St Patricks Day?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

micko

drive it like you stole it.
Reaction score
We'll probably be going to Belfast for the parades and have a fun day.
Its the one day in the year when I really want to get steaming but I don't drink. I miss alcohol just one day in a year.
st-patricks-day28.jpg

stpatsday.jpg

anybody else think its a bit ridiculous how much St pats day is celebrated in England, when St Georges day passes barely noticable ?

An 1/8?
That's pushing it a bit :lol:

Maternal grandmother.
wink.gif

You think that's pushing it, the fact that i live less than 30 miles from the border & kissed a Welsh girl once means i celebrate St David's...
Any excuse for a celebration, me.

Honestly? Nothing.

I've a tutorial in the morning, then a birthday party late afternoon, in between those I shall (hopefully) take advantage of eBay's free listing weekend and list some excess stuff for sale. In the evening I plan to slob on the sofa and watch transformers 3 which has been sat on the mantlepiece for nearly two weeks waiting for me to get around to it.

Also not much with the drinking here. Since new year I've had 2 glasses of wine.

I'm spending the day with my mam (and Sunday too) cos it's Mothers day and as I can't afford as much as normal this year I said did she want to do something for the whole weekend; just the two (well three if you include the dog) of us.

Thanks to the lovely Mr Murdoch, I and my family will be attending the hallowed throne of football, Fratton Park, to see Portsmouth get beaten yet again, this time by Bristol City.

In fairness, this has nothing to do with it being St Paddy's Day.

anybody else think its a bit ridiculous how much St pats day is celebrated in England, when St Georges day passes barely noticable ?
Me Too!
That's a shame. There are many, many Irish that live in England and I suppose its another reason to have a drinking session.
I asked this English man who I was working with before when St Georges day was and he didn't know. I was shocked and even more shocked to find that there were many more like him. Celebrating St Patricks day is bigger in America than it is in Ireland.
Best thing about it is that St Patrick wasn't even Irish!

indeed, goevernament says we're not allowed to celebrate it, because it might offend people who arent english.

who, presumably, chose to come live here, in OUR country :angry:

I'm still watching the big New York parade. Here's a link if you're interested.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/st-patricks-day-parade-new-york-city-fifth-avenue-saint-patricks-day-parade-140618723.html?fullSite=y&

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back