What are these?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
What are these in my axolotl tank? They look like clear jelly blobs. They are all over the amazon swords, on the substrate, and in his food dish. I donā€™t know what they could be so I donā€™t know what info to give!
691FF6B5-2C1B-4784-8798-EFD451F669D6.jpeg

I'm going to say snail eggs. If they are not snail eggs. What else is in your tank. They could be Axolotl eggs. But how large are your Axolotls.

I'm going to say snail eggs. If they are not snail eggs. What else is in your tank. They could be Axolotl eggs. But how large are your Axolotls.
My axolotl is the only thing in the tank. It is about 4 maybe 4 and a half inches

Iā€™m baffled though, Iā€™ve never seen a snail in this tank! Itā€™s only on the left half of the tank too, in general.

Still not sure what the jelly blobs are. The only living thing in my tank is a single 4 inch axolotl. I refer to it as he but really have no idea yet if its a he or a she. Can they lay eggs if they are the only one in the tank? I have only ever seen one empty snail shell in there and these look way too big to be snail eggs. Each one is about the size of a small pinky finger nail

Pond snails lay a jelly cluster that can be up to 10mm in diameter and it contains a number of eggs.

Pond snails lay a jelly cluster that can be up to 10mm in diameter and it contains a number of eggs.
But I donā€™t have pond snails:/ they appeared recently, they werenā€™t brought over. I used to have some little red brown rams horn snails but got rid of them months ago and gave them to my sister, long before this tank was even set up for the axolotls. The snails have laid eggs in her bowl and they look nothing like this

Do you have access to a microscope, maybe something at 40x, ie a dissecting scope? It might be a colonial algae like volvox, would be interesting to see.
Unfortunately I donā€™t think I do

Most reactions

trending

Back