What are the best tank mates in a 20 gal. for Emerald Green Corys?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

owencasey1

Reaction score
I currently have 3 adult Corydoras and 3 young recently hatched (about 20mm long). I am looking for a good tank mate for them, preferably something interesting and colorful. I have heard Bettas are good with Corys, but I have also heard horror stories about Bettas eating them and getting attacked. I have also heard Gouramis are good. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I wouldn’t do a betta. They do better alone and you never know if you are getting an aggressive one or not. I have neon tetras in with mine. Glow light tetras would be good too. How big is your tank and what is your KH, GH, PH, and temp. We really need to know these things in order to know what fish are suitable to your water type.

I agree. Bettas aren’t community fish and shouldn’t be kept as such.

As for Gourami’s, it all depends on what type you were thinking. Dwarf Gourami’s (DG’s) are very prone to diseases and illnesses. This fish is not recommended to beginners, as they can die very easily. (The common term for this is “DGD”.)

We need your GH as said above. You can find this info on your local water providers website.

Assuming it is suitable, Maybe a shoal of ember tetras?

If softwater, with emeralds...

Go for temps 80F
1-2 german blue rams
6-8 cardinal tetras
6 emerald cories.

OR

Cooler temps
1-2 Bolivian rams
6-8 neon tetras or black neon tetras
6 emerald cories

Most reactions

trending