What are some peaceful south american dwarf cichlids?

Blackwater guru

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I currently have a 140 liter freshwater aquarium with 10 cardinal tetras and 4 corydoras duplicareus catfish.

My end goal with the tank is to turn it into a blackwater setup once I have enough floating plants and once it has finished the nitrogen cycle I will add the birch driftwood and dried oak leaves for the tannins.

Once the cycle finishes I am gonna add 10 xray tetras along with some hatchetfish for the top.

I was also interested in adding some peaceful dwarf cichlids because they can be quite beautiful and they have amazing parental abilities but I am not sure what species would work the best.

Here is an image of the aquarium
image.jpg

Bolivian rams are great. Very peaceful, great parents and they look great too if you find the right ones. I'd do a pair in that tank, though ideally for dwarf cichlids there would be a bit more decor imo.

Any of the Rams, Germans or Bolivians.
Kribensis are peaceful
Apitogrammas are peacful.

Keep in mind they are cichlids and when breeding will be more aggressive and territorial but still if they have enough room they wont be an issue.

Rams all the way.

The can be aggressive towards other cichlids but seem to pay no mind to tetras, catfish, and other community fish.

Appistos are cool, but there isn't a whole lot of info on them. They seem to be mostly kept in a species only tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back