Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Runing

• Total voters

grayshark

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have to go for all of them they do my head in :flex: .But thats not all kids. :fun:

once I was in my lfs and a 17 started asking stupid questions about how to run a shop.Just to make me stand there even more waiting for the woman to catch my fish's. :grr:

My lfs is called ( Pets At Home ) yours? :/

They wont let me do my work experiance there :no:

All of them as well, but you forgot one:

Kids who go running up to every tank screaming, "Nemo, nemo, nemo", regardless of whether there's actually a clownfish in there or not! (And then generally tap on the tank as well).

Actually - another thing that annoys me about kids in LFS's is their parents. Particularly the kind of parents who get upset when you tell them to tell their kids to stop tapping on the glass.

Im 14 years old when i go in to a fish shop i just act like a parent would. :nod:

It is down to how the parents feel about the fish because if they don't care about them then he/she will let the child do what it pleaese.which means running,shouting,banging,smering the glass.

If i have kids i will say dont touch anything in this shop because if you do it might die or daddy and son will get chucked out of the shop. :nod:

I'm only 13 but the way *some* kids act ticks me off :grr: Tapping on the glass, bumping into people, pushing you out of the way and getting into your way when you try to look at something :S A lot of the little kids don't realize what they are doing, but it's the 9-15 year olds that usually act obnoxious on purpose (excluding me of course) :p
It's actually the parents that make me mad , well the ones who don't know anything about fish anyway :D Their kid asks What is this fish?" And the parent sometimes disreguards the names on the glass OR calls it one of the other names on the glass :blink: Maybe that's just me because I can name most fish :p

what bothers me is the tapping im 16 and considering working at a petshop :D but to see kids tap on the glass to make the fishy move makes me angry :grr: :angry:

how come one kid acts stupid and we all get labbled, and another thing is that the lfs is really crap where i live and she thinks she nows it all but she nows nothing it really annoys me!

charlie

:alien: :alien: :alien:

grayshark said:
It is down to how the parents feel about the fish because if they don't care about them then he/she will let the child do what it pleaese.which means running,shouting,banging,smering the glass.
This is true,and also the parents passion reflects through the child, so if there's no tapping at home then there's no tapping at the lfs. As for running and shouting, well....I can honestly say that once your fish gets home it will adjust to that. Mine have anyway.

I hate when little kids start tapping on the glass really hard and their parents encourage them saying "Yes! Look at the fish! They move every time you hit the glass". Meanwhile the fish are being bounced around like they are in an earthquake. Then the parents get mad when you tell their kid to stop tapping the glass!

With older kids (like teenagers) I hate when they start asking stupid questions like "Which fish would kill each other?" Those questions just tick me off because you know they just want to buy a fish and either kill it or watch as it kills another fish and then kill it.

I love my lfs. If a small child is in the store and the parent isn't watching him/her the owner will yell from across the store to the parent "KEEP THE KID AWAY FROM THE DISPLAY TAAAANKKKKKKKKK!" It's so funny! He does it in this weird voice like a siren. :lol:

I'm in my local fish store at least twice a week, and I can honestly say I have never seen any of the children tap on the glass. When it comes to shouting, they aint actually that bad either! Old people during their tea break make more noise it seems ... what Does annoy me however, is that they get in my way of being able to look at the fish :p

I hate them all. I work in a shop aswell the shouting ticks me off the most especially early on a Sunday morning when you can't be bothered to tell them to SHUT IT.

Most parents that come in tell there kids not to touch the tanks, but I usually hang aorund in the fish room and a long hard stare usually does it.

Another one is taking deco off the shelfs running to there parents then leaving it on the toher side of the shop when they won't buy it.

Litle kids always manage to find a dead fish and shout it out loud aswell, the shop i work at is clean aswell, then they ask why it's dead etc etc

I enjoy refusing to sell to kids now though with the new law!!

I find it enjoyable watching kids faces drop when you tell them the fish they keep aren't compatible or likely to kill anything else they want.

I can't stand kids that are out of control. It seems there are more and more each day. The well behaved ones are a pleasure and dont' bother me at all!!!!

ahh Paul, now i know why you stare at me when i run around your fish room tapping on the glass :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back