went away for 14 days and came back to EEKK!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

anthonygalati

Reaction score
yeah i let my neighbors feed my fish for god knows why...but i came back and the thing was green as hell is that cause i left the lights on the whole time and they over fed them so i changed like 50& of the water and used start right for water conditioner and used quickcure and used my tom gravel cleaner to clean the gravel and its pretty murky still.,

Plants require a period of darkness each day to transpire, i.e. flush their systems of waste products formed during photsynthesis during the day. Get a cheap mechanical timer from any DIY or even supermarket and connect the lights to that.

Fish will live for long periods without adding food, their are always a few things in the tank they will eat anyway if hungry. For periods of 14 days or so, I just leave mine. The problems of overfeeding by well meaning but inept amateurs are a far bigger problem.

If you are going away for longer periods, get the neighbour to feed every 5 days or so, and put the food, (assuming it is dry!), in a series of marked envelopes. Then hide the food pots so they are not tempted to add more.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back