Well Its A Rescape... *update 10/09/09 Fish Added*

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nice mate, but if you have algae, its either becuase of too little co2 or too little ferts, up your tpn+, you can never have too much imo if you are doing 50's% weekly and turn your co2 upa little.

Hmm well i have 25x turnover and my co2 is borderline green/yellow and i dose 5ml of TPN+ a day, could it be there because i increased flow and ferts but never bothered to vac it all up?

And to be fair, i have seen the amanos munching on the BGA... no idea why

Update...

Harlequins are fine, minus one that made a jump for freedom. Need to get a cover sorted, i actually think the shrimp are making more waste than thw harlequins, they seem to be constantly shovelling algae into their mouths... :lol:

Also, just saw jallens post about the elephant... :lol: Lucky shot, thats just a java fern rhizome thats come loose so that picture will never be taken again...

wow shrimp eating BGA? can you send some to me so i can breed the? we'll make fortunes, because as far as I'm aware there's no such thing that eats BGA.

you may want to try upping kno3 levels to rid your self of bga. it's not co2 related. prevention is better than cure as they say.

BGA is a bacteria not an algae.

I dont know mate, theres a particular branch that had a lot of BGA and the shrimp have been all over it and now its clean...They mustve eaten it. Unless theyve just pulled it off and its floating around somewhere...

Small update, lost all the harlequins as they all jumped before i could get a lid but the shrimp & plants are doing fine. Planted the p.helferi yesterday and some crypt wedntii tropica stumps which should hopefully have a few leaves in a couple of weeks.

IMG_3378.jpg

Hygrophila polysperma leaves make a great place for shrimp to sit and scoff their algae pellet things... :p

IMG_3379.jpg

This may be a blessing in disguise as i realised that the harlequins are bigger than what i wanted, so ive got the chance to change my mind. I think im going to go for a larger shoal of ember tetras which should be smaller.

looking good mate...is that rotala sp green bottom right? if you ever have a prune and need to get rid of some i would be willing to buy some.

ember tetras are awesome, im planning a shoal of 30 in my 125, and ive got 6 at the moment and they shoal really tightly when the lights are on.

Yeah, no worries truck, ive just pruned it so it will be a few weeks. But when it gets big enough ill send you some cuttings, dont worry about buying them.

Yeah, i was looking at them in my LFS (wouldnt buy from there though) and they seem like really nice fish.

Edit:

Im thinking like 10-15 ember tetras... Then to match i was thinking about ditching the sterbai corys and maybe going for pygmy corys. So id have all small fish in larger shoals making the tank look bigger...

looks great mate, soon as that p.helferi carpet grows it will lookm amazing
and i agree with your comment of small fish in large shoals, go for it!

Thanks, thats just a trial. If it carpets well ill buy more for the right hand side. With the crypts in the middle should hopefully fill out the front a bit. I may even try some hydrocotyle verticillata. I also want some amazon frogbit, so ill add that to my shopping list as well... :p

Small update, lost all the harlequins as they all jumped before i could get a lid but the shrimp & plants are doing fine. Planted the p.helferi yesterday and some crypt wedntii tropica stumps which should hopefully have a few leaves in a couple of weeks.

Yes, I find that they jump very well and I have had a few crispies in my time. Others have not had jumpers, so go figure. I think it depends on the circumstances. I have a class cover in most of my tanks. My nano dutch is my only open top.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back