Aaron's 216l Planted Journal!

how are your hatchets and rainbows doing?
i am thinking of getting some of both
have any of your hatchets jumped yet?

They are fine, 3 hatchets jumped in one night! Where they hang about I had left a gap due to the plastic cover not fitting flush with the edge of the tank due to the lily pipes, but it is very secure now :D :devil:
The rainbows are really nice now they have matured and got the full colours (so i believe). I would like to do a rainbow biotope but 4ft isnt reall big enough for a decent variety :(

I picked up 6 pitbul plecs the other day too :good:

hehe thanks Ben.

I have made a slight change with the wood too, just need to get some pics but I have no tripod still :(

Still no tripod :rolleyes:

Here's a quick picture seeing as though you have all waited very patiently for :oops: If I was to take a 'decent' one then you may be waiting another 4 months lol. The change is to the wood on the right hand side, htere used to be a large piece which was too distracting for me, so that has come out and some C.Undulata planted in the background instead of the C.Helferi, which has started to grow after a long wait.

Day 321

DSCF0014-3.jpg

Thanks, Aaron

Oh brother. :rolleyes:

Tank looks great. I like the changes. You're like me, you seem to like seeing substrate on the bottom, especially in the front. At least I think this is deliberate on your part? I tend to keep bottom dwellers, so the clear substrate shows them off. Almost a year old already! :good: My 36g will be 4 years old in July or September. The current scape will be a year in July.

How's the riparium coming along. You need to update that one too. :)

llj

Oh brother. :rolleyes:

Tank looks great. I like the changes. You're like me, you seem to like seeing substrate on the bottom, especially in the front. At least I think this is deliberate on your part? I tend to keep bottom dwellers, so the clear substrate shows them off. Almost a year old already! :good: My 36g will be 4 years old in July or September. The current scape will be a year in July.

How's the riparium coming along. You need to update that one too. :)

llj

I didnt intend the substrate being that deep, I think it has just moved and leveled off a bit but yes I dont mind it. I cant believe it has been a year! And 4yrs is pretty amazing, The longest I have kept a glass tank is only 14months :blush:

The riparium hasnt changed, well, lots of growth but no new additions and the stems have for some reason died at the base so I need to contact Devin about that one. The tops continue to flourish though :dunno:

thanks, Aaron

love this tank, just bought a CO2 system, all because of how good yours looks, keep it up Aaron!

Just re-read the journal for this. Great setup, wish I could make a tank look so natural :(

Whats the full stocking list in there now Aaron? (sorry if i've missed it down somewhere)

James.

Hey I love this tank and would like to set up something similar for rainbows. I was thinking this tank:

http://www.onlineaquariumstore.com/acatalog/Clearseal_48___X_18___X_15___All_Glass_Tank.html

My only problem is im not sure what sort of light units would be required or best options to go for? Could you offer some assistance?

love this tank, just bought a CO2 system, all because of how good yours looks, keep it up Aaron!
Thanks, although this is now running without CO2 ;) It was useful for giving the plants a kick start though, growth seems extremely slow now!

Just re-read the journal for this. Great setup, wish I could make a tank look so natural :(

Whats the full stocking list in there now Aaron? (sorry if i've missed it down somewhere)

James.

Thanks, its all down to choosing the right equipment from the start and patience. The rest will come with time :good:
12 x neon dwarf rainbows
12 serpae tetra
2 x SAE
4 x botia striata
4 x hatchet fish
4 or 6 pitbull plecs (cant remember how many I bought lol)

Hey I love this tank and would like to set up something similar for rainbows. I was thinking this tank:

http://www.onlineaquariumstore.com/acatalog/Clearseal_48___X_18___X_15___All_Glass_Tank.html

My only problem is im not sure what sort of light units would be required or best options to go for? Could you offer some assistance?

Thats the same tank I use :good: I originally had a 2 x 54w T5 (from ebay) which was £100. For that level of lighting you will need pressurized CO2 though. I now run a 2 x 28w T5 (from ebay) which was £50 and that is fine without CO2 injection and water changes every couple of months.
So decide on what levels you would like, this may help if you havent already seen it:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/298133-back-to-basics/
If you need any tubes then buy them from lampspecs as they are much cheaper than aquatic brands.

Thanks, Aaron

Most reactions

trending

Back