Well Its A Rescape... *update 10/09/09 Fish Added*

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Geoff1991

AKA "Sparky"
Reaction score
Right so ive rescaped my tank many times now, and i decided to make a journal this time, save me PMing people when i want to ask a question thats not worth starting a thread.

May as well start with some tank stats...

Tank: 60l/15g 60x35x30

Lighting:48w T5, 24w sylvania 865 - 6500k, 24w Osram skywhite 880 - 8000k - Giving me 3.2WPG

Filtration: Tetratec ex600 with stock media (minus the carbon) + purigen and glass lily pipes

Powerhead: Hydor Koralia nano

Heating: Hydor ETH 200 exteral heater (200w) @ 24c

Co2: 2kg Fire extinguisher with BOYU inline diffuser

Ferts: 3ml of TPN+ daily

Substrate: Playsand

Tank as it was in my sig...

tank.jpg

Wood, powerhead, lily pipes, purigen and a couple of other bits came today along with 2 pots of microsorum pteropus narrow. My day started by working until 10:30am then realising i missed a parcel and had to go to the depot to collect it :rolleyes:

At the moment everythings just dumped in and ill start when the wood stays down without weights. Ive started attaching the microsorum but not finished, installed the lily pipes and put the powerhead in so far, and just dumped everything else in. I did drop the water a bit first... It was full nearly to the brim, with me about to start putting wood and stuff in thinking "hang on, this could get messy"

Im hoping that i should see the last of that algae when ive done this as ive added purigen and ive pruned all the melting crypts.

CIMG2770.jpg

Got a couple more plants to arrive, then i pretty much should have everything, not sure if im going to use that separate piece of wood on the left, any ideas?

Comments/suggestions are welcome as i could use some fresh ideas.

any chance of moving the wood further back?
It is too close to the front which is very disttracting, if not, try and cover the main structure with moss & ferns/ anubias

Agreed, it's a bit too dominating as it is, maybe hack a bit off if it's struggling to fit?

Yeah, its just there to sink, theres plenty of room behind when i get to it, all the plants will be moved and wood will be at the back, have some anubias and stuff floating around ready to go on :good:

I agree with aaron and gav, the wood is too dominating, move it further back, and also try it at a different angle, the bit that is facing the front(the main root or stump if you like) have that facing downwards until it looks good, crypts would be nice int the midground and glosso in the fore, and then like you already have it stems at the back with ferns, and maybe some moss on the wood :)

As i said, its all just thrown in to sink (not the rock on top of it), i havent even started yet :lol:

Thanks for the ideas anyway

Nice bit of wood and your plants look nice and healthy. Looks like you've got a good variety.

That tank is an Elite 60 right? I've got the Elite 95.

Looking forward to how it turns out. Keep us posted :D

Just drained the tank and its filling back up now, got to drain it again as i couldnt get all the crap up the first time... :p

CIMG2771.jpg

This is the nano, its pretty good, nice even flow thats powerful yet spread out and gentle if you know what i mean.

This is the nano, its pretty good, nice even flow thats powerful yet spread out and gentle if you know what i mean.

yeah, same thing :rolleyes: i might get one then, where did you get yours and for what price? cheapest i have found minus ebay is charterhouse aquatics

Yeah i got my from aqua essentials... Bit of a story behind it, ill explain when my hands arent wet... Nearly done scaping, pics soon

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back