Weird Algae? Maybe

Robot_Rooster

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
300
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cardiff, Wales
firstly i do not have a picture so i will describe it to you.

i went on hols for two weeks and they were not cleaned for that time but were fed by my Nan, when i came back i noticed hair looking algae growing on the plants and on the bogwood in the back, i thought a clean should get rid of them but they keep growing, is it hair algae? its a greenish brownish colour and they look like a strands coming from one root.

also the plants are real?
and what to do to get rid of them?
 
it can suffacate fish if there not enough aeration as algae takes 02 from the water. I would think you would need alot of algae for that to happen.
Is the tank near direct sunlight.
 
This is what I found.

Algae will consume oxygen at night during photosynthesis. A severe algae bloom can deplete the tank of oxygen, so adequate oxygenation must be provided during the light off period.
 
I really only think that could happen during an algal bloom where the water is at a pea-soup level. Rooster here is only describing a bit of hair algae, so no worries.
 
really only think that could happen during an algal bloom where the water is at a pea-soup level. Rooster here is only describing a bit of hair algae, so no worries.


I agree.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top