Water Test Log

Mod's note: I've done a bit of cutting on this thread to remove comments by a troll. I'm sorry that it was necessary to remove some good posting as well.

Good luck with your cycle, plecostomus-mad :D
 
DAY 5)

PH:7.6
Ammonia:1.0ppm-2.0ppm eek!
Nitrate:0.25ppm
Nitrite:10ppm


75% water change!

I hope you meant nitrate is at 10 ppm and nitrite is at .25 ppm?

Anyways, get that ammonia down, lol, I would do at least a 75% water change! Then check an hour later and I bet you may have to do anther WC.

-FHM
 
DAY 5)

PH:7.6
Ammonia:1.0ppm-2.0ppm eek!
Nitrate:0.25ppm
Nitrite:10ppm


75% water change!

I hope you meant nitrate is at 10 ppm and nitrite is at .25 ppm?

Anyways, get that ammonia down, lol, I would do at least a 75% water change! Then check an hour later and I bet you may have to do anther WC.

-FHM

yes, sorry, other way around, will edit now. thanks for spotting that.

somthing REALLY bad happened this afternoon, a power cut!! thought i was going to lose my tetras :(

didnt manage to change my water either :(

power went off just after 2.30pm, and came back on at 1 am!!

i dont have a gas cooker/stove,its electric, no camping stove etc so had to go next door, ask them if i could boil some water for my fish.lol, they looked at me odd and i explained i need to keep the water warm etc, they said sure :)

anyway, the temp dropped 2 degrees c in 1 1/2 hours so i popped the hot water in a hot water bottle and placed it in the tank, temp came back up and removed it, as soon as it tried creeping back down, i placed it back in. i also had 3 x 1 liter Thermos flasks full of boiling water. ive been up all night, checking temps every 1/2 hour, blowing air into the air stone etc. thing is, i think my cycle is f***ed, i cant change the water as its too late to do so, ammonia is sky high and im worried about the tetras.

through all of this they are fine but no doubt being poisoned by the high volume of ammonia :(

to pit it lightly, im TICKED OFF!!!
 
Looking a lot better!

Keep up on those water changes as you have been doing and all should be fine in no time!

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top