Water Sprite question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dmpfishlover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I received some Water Sprite today. It came in pots, and I plan on adding it to my tank as a floating plant. I took the plants out of the pots, removed the planting "wool" and rinsed as much of the planting substrate off of the roots as I could.

Should I just add it to the tank and let it float, or do I need to do anything else to prepare it first..i.e. trim the roots at all, or the plant itself? I know that the leaf form is different when floating then when planted, so I wasn't sure if the current leaves will "melt" or die, and new floating growth will emerge?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!! :)

Just place it in the tank floating. I never trim roots of floating plants, and the only time I remove leaves is when they are clearly dead/dying. Leaf appearance can depend upon growing conditions, so whatever the plant does... .

A good comprehensive plant supplement will help. Flourish Comprehensive Supplement for the Planted Aquarium, FlorinMulti, or TNC Lite...any one of these is good. The TNC is only in the UK I believe, and as you are in the US the Seachem or the Brightwell Aquatics should be available.

Just place it in the tank floating. I never trim roots of floating plants, and the only time I remove leaves is when they are clearly dead/dying. Leaf appearance can depend upon growing conditions, so whatever the plant does... .

A good comprehensive plant supplement will help. Flourish Comprehensive Supplement for the Planted Aquarium, FlorinMulti, or TNC Lite...any one of these is good. The TNC is only in the UK I believe, and as you are in the US the Seachem or the Brightwell Aquatics should be available.
Thank you! I added the plants to the tank "as is" after rinsing the roots. They are floating nicely and are really green and healthy looking. I am already using Seachem Flourish Comprehensive because I have Anubias in the tank, so I am all set! Thanks again!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back