always4lora
Fish Herder
Hi' All,
I've got a 4x2x2 100g aquariums which is filterd by a Fluval fx5 filter, this provides a fair bit of water movement however i think i shoul have some more. I want more to help the plants grow a little , im using the EI fertilization so presumably the more flow the more the ferts will get spread. I have some silver dollars which i feel would appreciate some more flow as well(these probs will be changing to boseman's rainbows in the next few months).
I was just wanting to weigh up what to get to help the flow, i'm notr sure on exactly what the benefit of a power head over a water pump is and vice versa ? Also i was thinking of possibly getting an internal filter instead as this would help filteration , but wasnt sure on what water flow this would give me compared to the power head /water pump?
Any advise?
Cheers Ben
I've got a 4x2x2 100g aquariums which is filterd by a Fluval fx5 filter, this provides a fair bit of water movement however i think i shoul have some more. I want more to help the plants grow a little , im using the EI fertilization so presumably the more flow the more the ferts will get spread. I have some silver dollars which i feel would appreciate some more flow as well(these probs will be changing to boseman's rainbows in the next few months).
I was just wanting to weigh up what to get to help the flow, i'm notr sure on exactly what the benefit of a power head over a water pump is and vice versa ? Also i was thinking of possibly getting an internal filter instead as this would help filteration , but wasnt sure on what water flow this would give me compared to the power head /water pump?
Any advise?
Cheers Ben








