Water In Co2 Tubing

David J

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi

I've just started using my first pressurised co2 system. One question, for now. Is it normal for water to enter the tubing between the diffuser and the bubble counter?

Having just set it up, I can see that the tubing is empty but now, after about an hour, I can see the water has entered the tubing from the diffuser and has travelled up about 3 or 4 inches up the tubing and is gradually creeping further. Is that normal?

I had set it all up a couple of days ago and the same thing happened but I had to take it down until I got a new non return valve as the existing one was faulty. On that occasion the same thing had happened but because I'd had it set up for about 48 hours, the water had made its way all the way to the bubble counter and made its way through the non return valve. That's when I realised it was faulty so took it all down until a replacement arrived. Before anyone asks, it was fitted the correct way round. I assumed at first that I must've fitted it wrong but was surprised to find I'd done it correctly.

So, as I've been typing, the water has travelled another inch or so up the tubing.

Set up is as follws:

Co2 bottle > non return valve > bubble counter > diffuser.

Thanks

David

Photos of set up?

Co2 bottle > non return valve > bubble counter > diffuser. 

You want 

Co2 bottle > NRV > Bubble counter > NRV > Diffuser

Ah, I wondered about doing that but hadn't seen it mentioned on any set up guides I read online. I have another one spare so I'll get it on ASAP.

I'll see if I can get some photos up soon. The tanks not 100% just now (is it ever) due to a very hectic month. Just been doing vacuum and WC weekly. I'm planning a total overhaul, starting with co2 being installed followed by a completechange of substrate, rocks and plants. Not an easy job as I'm sure you know. It's all in the planning.

Cheers for the advice mate.

Techen is quite correct, this is what is recommended - 

Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 20.39.29.png

Thats taken from a thread from this forum - 

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/416755-pressurized-co2-equipment-flow-and-fertilization/

Most reactions

Back