Water Current...

oswoldy

Fishaholic
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi,
I am trying to figure out whether I have enough current. Does anyone have any videos of there filter setup/water movement that I can have a look at?

Mike
 
as long as the surface of the water is moving then surely its enough, some fish dont like fast flow.ie bettas, then others ie guppies love it, so it really wont matter what others have it depends on your fish,looking at your sig fish, i reckon you could have quite a fast flow, so adjust the fluval nozzle :)
 
as long as the surface of the water is moving then surely its enough, some fish dont like fast flow.ie bettas, then others ie guppies love it, so it really wont matter what others have it depends on your fish,looking at your sig fish, i reckon you could have quite a fast flow, so adjust the fluval nozzle :)

If your going for planted you need a large flow and thorough so taht any ammonia pockets are removed and algea doesn't take hold,

andrew
 
as long as the surface of the water is moving then surely its enough, some fish dont like fast flow.ie bettas, then others ie guppies love it, so it really wont matter what others have it depends on your fish,looking at your sig fish, i reckon you could have quite a fast flow, so adjust the fluval nozzle :)

The problem im having is im taking the fluval out once the eheim has matured and im not sure if the flow will be enough. Is current as important as Agitation?

Mike
 
best advice keep the fluval in there so you have a ready cycled filter if you ever set up another tank
 
then in that case have the spray bar on the eheim above water level, as for the current Q im not sure,sorry, its not been something ive ever worried about :)
 
then in that case have the spray bar on the eheim above water level, as for the current Q im not sure,sorry, its not been something ive ever worried about :)

Ok so as long as the surface is moving/agitated then I should be ok?

best advice keep the fluval in there so you have a ready cycled filter if you ever set up another tank

I plan on putting the fluval media in the external filter then keeping the fluval as a spare.

Mike
 
this is the kind of surface agitation i get from my eheim altho camera doesnt pick it up very well due to reflections from water surface/lights
 
its a pro2 2028 the spraybar is about an inch below the waters surface aimed upwards so it just breaks it.
 
The spraybar should provide enough agitation on the tank surface and if you really want to remove your internal filter, then you should consider a powerhead, they are fairly cheap and will provide good flow throughout your tank, especially if you go for one that gives a good overall flow like the hydor koralia rather than others that give more of a targeted flow.

I'm receiving my eheim 2075 tomorrow and a powerhead and I'm looking forward to getting it set up, leaving it 4-5 weeks to seed and then I want to remove my internal jewul filter system. I will let you know how I get on

Andy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top