Watch Out Salt World. Here I Come !

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Brilly91

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So thought id set up a journal ready for my new set up. Ill be ordering the tank later this week and then waiting and planning for its arrival in 3 weeks time.

The display tank is going to be 36" x 18" x 18" (about 190L) with a sump also.

As of yet nothing else has been planned, any brand recomendations for skimmers, powerheads, pumps etc would be great.

Ohno, Not you >:C!

Skimmer wise, Anything from a bubble magus to a TMC etc. There's a few brands out there but there going to be quite large for a 200L :p

Powerheads, You might want to look out for a cheap MP10 or MP40 powerhead. These are the best of the best in terms of powerheads for marines but failing that anything goes just make sure you have a fair bit of power, Want a lot for marine.

Pumps, Again anything goes.

Welcome to the world of salt.  Best advice... research, read, and ask questions .. hahaha...  as far as brands for equipment I'm on the wrong side of the ocean to be much use to you.  general advice... don't go cheapest but don't assume highest price is the best either.

I'll probably get the shunning for this, but in your research check out algae scrubbers.

I built myself a solid algae scrubber, and haven't had to turn my protien skimmer on yet. Turning out to be a total waste of $180. Where as the scrubber cost me $25.

IMO worth looking into before set-up.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back