wanted white worm starter culture

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jax44

Reaction score
I nee ti start some white worms but can't afford the e bay prices anyone have a cheap starter culture

Look at this thread.

You may also want to check out this site. I have not yet ordered from them but plan to try them out.

The second link sells regular worms, not white worms.
I realize that now but had just recently been given the link and had not fully checked out their stock. I just figured that, if they sold worms, they would have a variety.

Just curious but what fish do you have that specifically want white worms or is this just a personal prefference as to a live food? Like I said, just curious. I like to learn new things. ;)

I realize that now but had just recently been given the link and had not fully checked out their stock. I just figured that, if they sold worms, they would have a variety.

Just curious but what fish do you have that specifically want white worms or is this just a personal preference as to a live food? Like I said, just curious. I like to learn new things. ;)
cat fish and barbs and yoyo loaches , earthworms are to big micro worms to small

cat fish and barbs and yoyo loaches , earthworms are to big micro worms to small
Oh, OK, thanks! :)

Can these white worms survive for an extended period in an aquarium like red wigglers? I'm just thinking that they may be something for me to look at as my cichlids only reach a mature size of ~1 3/4 inches. Right now I'm cutting up red wigglers to feed. My rope fish has no problem with them whole but the cichlids hit before the rope even knows the worms are there and end up swimming around for quite a while with half a worm hanging out of their mouths.

You asked for cultures, not actual worms... Are they a beastie that you would farm to maintain a supply? If so, if you don't mind, how would you go about setting up a white worm farm?

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back