Wanted to change my name.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I wanted to change my name from “Barry Tetra” to just “Barry” because at first I was keeping lots of tetra but now I kept more than that.

@dascrow @Fishmanic

Go to your “account details”, then click “change username”. It will give you a slot for your new username and a slot for you to explain why you are changing it. You can’t change your username again, for about a month after, so choose wisely!

Go to your “account details”, then click “change username”. It will give you a slot for your new username and a slot for you to explain why you are changing it. You can’t change your username again, for about a month after, so choose wisely!
Doesn’t work for me, I tried it :confused:

It saids there’s a person that use this name but there was no one named Barry in this forum.
That is weird, I just searched for any members named “Barry” and it just came up to you.

Maybe try it again?

Attachments

• A3B01123-5886-47AF-836A-4527FFCF46F9.png
    A3B01123-5886-47AF-836A-4527FFCF46F9.png
    293 KB · Views: 106
I have noticed that members who joined some time ago and have not posted for a long time cannot be found in the member search. But presumably they are still listed somewhere and their user name is still 'taken'.

You could try Barry A or Barry B or Barry 1 etc till you find one the programming accepts.

I have noticed that members who joined some time ago and have not posted for a long time cannot be found in the member search. But presumably they are still listed somewhere and their user name is still 'taken'.

You could try Barry A or Barry B or Barry 1 etc till you find one the programming accepts.
Or maybe “Barry.” (With a . after Barry)

That way it looks like Barry, but it will accept it.

I would advise that no one changes their name without contacting an administrator first. Also, once people get to know you by your first chosen name, it's best not to change it as, with time, your personality is connected to your first chosen name.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back