Wanted ! - Mature Filter Media.

No unfortunatly i cannot drive iam sorry :(.

I will have a look for some more fish shops nearby and see if they can supply me with some, but not many places around here and the ones ive tried dont offer it :(

Regards
 
i have been to pier aquatics in wigan and cmc aquatics in wigan but both couldnt help me with the filter media :(. I can really only travel by bus and thats the only two in town :(....

I could try to cycle without the media but it would help quite alot to have this?, Thanks.
 
Ask your LFS if you can post a want add somewhere by the fish section. I know my LFS charges $1 to put up a 8 by 11 paper add on a bulletin board.
 
Yes i will try that, thankyou :)

Ive been told adding fishflakes? does this help? and would it help with the mature media also?


Thanks
 
It will produce ammonia as it decays. I think the topic on fishless cycling tells you what you can add other than pure ammonia.
 
Hmmm.... If you could get here you could have some squeezings from my filters - I don't have any spare media at the mo as I'm planning on setting up another tank myself.

Mature media definitely helps with enough you could even not need to cycle depending on tank size/stock you want.

Give BAS in Bolton a ring - Bolton is about 20min by train from Wigan, they might help?
 
Yes i will try that, thankyou :)

Ive been told adding fishflakes? does this help? and would it help with the mature media also?


Thanks

A few prawns may be faster to decay and produce ammonia.

Food can be used but is hard to know how much ammonia they produce. Pure ammonia is best if you can get it - try boots of homebase failing that your local market or ebay.
 
Ok thanks for all your help :)..... I will certainly try to get hold of some media, would squeezes from my garden pond be ok? or does it need to be tropical tank ?


I will certainly try some more local shops, and wish i could travel but thanks for the offer :)
 
Oh from your pond should be fine! I'm pretty certain it's the same good bacteria :) Problem solved!

In fact doesn't a pond filter have sponges n stuff in? You could snip a bit of sponge off and put that in yout tank filter.
 
Squeezes or a few bio-balls or whatever you use for media from your pond would certainly help!
 
ok so i get the filter spondge from my pond and squeeze this into my tank?

And also add one or two of my ceramic media ??


Thanks and sorry for all the questions do appriciate your help i just want to get it all right before adding my fish :)
 
A good squeeze from one of the pond sponges and a bit of the ceramic (as much as you can spare/will fit without upsetting the pond filter) will really get you off to a good start.

How big is your tnak?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top