🐠 TOTM Vote Now - November 2022 Tank of the Month Contest (31 Gal & larger)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Vote Now - November 2022 Tank of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
POLL IS NOW CLOSED
tankofthemonth-img.jpg

:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 7 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' November 2022 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 31 US gallons and larger. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to poll at the top of this thread, click on your choice for TOTM, and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.
This poll will end on Novembert 14th at 4:50 PM ET (US)

Last edited:
A78EDD2F-49B6-442C-BAF9-C9C3663168FF.jpeg

This is my 50g African cichlid tank

I have around 40 fish + catfish, with recently seeing little fry!

The tank has a black sand substrate with ocean rock to raise ph. I add cichlid salt and Malawi buffer weekly to achieve the desired ph. I hope you all like my tank as much as I do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_3871.JPG

Here is my 200 gallon tank that has been setup for about six months, initially I was thinking about putting sand as substrate so it will look better, but the way the sump is set up with the intake and return siphons being at the bottom makes it kind of hard (I'm still in the process of trying to Macgyver something to make it work so sand doesn't get everywhere with intake, outtake, and water changes).

Here's a list of all the inhabitants:
2 Siamese Tiger Fish
1 Fahaka Puffer Fish
1 Orange Spotted Snakehead
4 Severums
2 African Ropefish
1 Royal Pleco
1 Orange Spot Eel
4 Convict Cichlids
3 Flowerhorns
40ish Nerite Snails

Plants that I don't know the name of except for some Amazon Swords

You can see the majority of the fish in here except for the rope fish, royal pleco and the orange spot eel

Last edited:
IMG_0165 (1).jpg

Alright, everybody.

This is my 40g breeder tank stocked with Neolamprolgus similis last January(i think).

Finally, as of 2 or so weeks ago there are finally fry.

Heres some information about the tank.

WC: 50% weekly using my trusty python.
Food: Frozen brine shrimp and some bug bites
Lighting: Just a shop light with 5000k and 6500k light bulbs(thanks @Byron for helping me figure that out :) )
Additives: Dechlorenator, iron and flourish. Nothing else.
Hardscape: Granite rocks i gathered myself.
Plants: A thick conopy of Salvinia Minima, some amazon swords, dwarf sag, corkscrew val, and some jungle val. Theres some water sprite floating around as well.
Filteration: Aquaclear 50 with sponge media.
Heater: 100w heater.

Thats just about it.

@Fishmanic i added the validation.

Last edited:
40Gallon_Oct31_2022.jpg

This is my 1995 40 gallon aquarium, made by AllGlass, it sits on the bottom of an iron stand, so I don't put top swimmers in it - can't see them well. The painting on the back is mine, patched up after some damage in storage. Filtration will be undergravel on the left 3/4, with medium sized gravel large enough that corydoras can't eat it. I have sand on the right end. Present filtration, one sponge filter - 80 gallon size - and one corner filter. Heater isn't in yet because tank is holding in the mid 70s. Stock - 12 Buenos Aires Tetras, 1 Flame Tetra. The corydoras pH did not match and they are so small I haven't moved them in yet. Live plants are Anubias Nana, with one Crypt of some kind. pH is about 7.8 - 8, KH just under 2, GH about 8.5 . When I set the tank up I used 20 gallons of the tetras quarantine water, and 20 gallons of tap with dechlorinator by Fritz. Fertilizer by StevenF. It's only been up a couple of weeks. Did seals in September.

Last edited:
20221031_225216.jpg

This is my 50 gallon tank in my bedroom. I bought it used off of Craigslist, it used to be a turle tank of some sort. I have a Hygger light, a fluval 107 cannister filter and a large sponge filter (in addition to the bio filter substrate, etc.) Anyway, I cycled this in August/September I think (there's a picture of it pre-set up in my intro if I remember correctly). So this tank is only a couple of months old. It is very stable though (despite being a young tank, i think thats the benefit of deep substrate and lots of plants). My water has been testing at 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and nitrate around 20 for about the past 6 weeks. Ph is about 7.4, and kh and gh are both midrange. The wood pieces (2) came from a LFS. The rock pieces came out of my back yard from an old pond we used to have. The substrate is just play sand (although I do have a layer of smooth stone on the bottom & some lava rock on top of that. The purpose of those rocks under the play sand was to add height as the substrate moves from front to back, and I thought the lava rock might help with the bio filter). My substrate is about 4 inches in front and 8 inches in back). I love aquatic plants, so I care just as much about those as I do the fish and crustaceans. My goal was to just layer different colors and textures to create more depth and drama. I don't know all the names, but I know some: ludwigia (sp?), Amazon sword, super red, water sprite, tiger lily, anacharis, banana plant, roots of a monster plant (growing out of the top), and duck weed (or frog bit?)...I forget which one I have. My two favorite plants right now are in the bottom right corner. The broadleaf red plant (looks thin like tissue paper, but irridescent as well) and the one that looks like hornwort but more delicate, and the underside of the little stems are pink.

The inhabitants are:
9 otocinclus
9 diamond tetra
2 angel fish
2 hillstream loaches
2 female betta
2 dwarf african frogs
2 mystery snails
Multi ramshorn snails (unknown #)
1 male betta splendors
1 vampire shrimp

IMG_2022-10-31-18-17-32-866.jpg

Hi folks I would like to introduce my 75 gal tank. The story behind this tank dates back about a year ago when the wife was cleaning house and accidentally broke the glass on our 20 gal. We immediately had to transfer the fish (about 4 fish) to a 5 gal bucket and scurry to find em a new home. Wife found one in no time on market place 75gal for $75 bucks so we grabbed it up. I had to clean it good and give it short cycle time cause other fish were going through hell in that bucket but I did have the old filter from the 20gal and it was rated for tanks up to 60 so I had a good start and it came with a 300w heater so long story short I gave it a 3 day cycle after adding pea gravel and tap water with nothing more than Prime added crossed my fingers and saved the fish from the bucket!
I put together this 75g from scratch. For a year this tank has been a great hobby for me and will for many more years.
Marineland 75 gallon aquarium
Pea gravel from backyard (washed 3 times)
2x Aqua-Tech Aquarium hob filters rated for 60g sitting at each back corner.
Top Fin Aquarium LED Hood glass lids I bought separately and a few other accessories like air stones. I did not buy the fish all at once and even after a year I have only added one fish in weeks.
Folks told me and friends told me the mix of fish I have would never work but I did my research and I decided that what I want can work and I have not lost any fish since day one!
1 Common pleco - Jaws
1 pictus 4 line catfish - Pauley
1 Red tail shark -Rudy
3 Black Skirt Tetras - Timmy, Tommy and Tony
3 Tiger Barbs - Moe, Larry and Curly
1 Fire mouth Cichlid -Fat Freddie
1 Bumblebee Cichlid - Evil
1 Demasoni Cichlid - Dennis
1 Zebra Cichlid - Zoey
1 Giraffe Cichlid - Jeffrey
2 Electric Yellow Cichlid -Sammy and Smash
1 Albino Cichlid - Ghost
1 Bolivian Ram - Billy
Tank stays around 77°F and I use my Top Fin 25 ft water changing kit. Once every 2 weeks I change 75% of water using only Prime to condition and because my tap water is hard it can be between 7.8 to 8.2 pH very consistently. I hope you all enjoyed sharing my tank and good luck to all participants 🤗

Hello All,
This is my 75g Planted Tank
1667354714434.png

size, age of setup, fish stocking, water parameters, ferts used, lighting, filtration type, aeration, tank maintenance procedures, feeding schedules, etc.
This 75g Tank is a MarineLand Majesty model, my 2nd tank, and my first non-makeshift tank. It has gone through so many things, good and bad, and this forum really helped shape this tank to what it is today, and what it will be in the future. I've had an diatom takeover, black beard algae takeover, Ich issues, unhealthy plants, but with the help of this forum and everyone in here, many new plants were added, problems fixed, and so much more :).

This tank is around 2 years old, almost 3, It's birthday is before christmas.
Plants:
I have so many species of random plants, but I'll try to list the most common ones.
-bacopa Carolina
-rotala rotundiflora "Blood red" and "Green"
-vallisneria "giant" and "american"
-Vesicularia montagnei "Christmas" Moss
-Echinodorus "amazon" and "red Rubin Amazon" sword plant

Fish:
-Poecilia Reticulata "mutt guppy"
-Xiphophorus helleri "neon swordtail"
-Corydoras aeneus "green/bronze cory"
- trichopodus leerii "Leeri/Pearl Gourami"
Parameters:
Nitrate: close to 0
Nitrite: 0
Amm:0
ph: 7.6-7.8
hardness: 120
Fertilizers:
a half dose of what it says on the label for:
-Seachem Flourish root tabs
-Seachem Flourish liquid formula

Lighting:
- Finnex 24/6 CRV
Filtration:
-Internal Canister Filter
Aeration:
-Bubble stone
Maintenance:
-weekly water change of 5-10 gallons, take out rotten plants, replant stuff
-feed 2 times a day with: shrimp tablets, freeze dried bloodworm, frozen brine shrimp, hikari micro pellet, hikari fancy guppy, bug bites spirulina flakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back