Virus

england

channa aka snakehead
Reaction score
Compter issues....grrrr

Hi folks, my laptop, takes for ever and a day to load anything suddenly, ive scanned and cleaned pc, found no issues, only thing i could think was this that i downloaded the other day,#############################
reccomended on another site, however when i go to uninstall it wont let me..
i get prompted, then it says do i want to install updates,i click no, wont do a thing??

----

ive opened it on pc, cant find anything on it itself, when i go into my programmes to remove it wont allow

----

i tried to restore to a earlier point, but its still there

----

Um i go into windows, then help and support, write scan and clean, click ,<1 scan for spyware and other potentially unwanted software...click to scan all areas,opens windows defenders, then at top says scan,drop down full scan.....

As to uninstall,i go to control panel, bottom left uninstall program, find the programme called photo stitcher, click on it, then right click it says uninstall, click, window pops to say needs permistion, click yes, then it goes to another window, at top says photo stitcher - installshied wizard,,,in the box says with a yellow triangle !" The setup has detected that version 1.00.001 of photostitcher is already installed, this setup updates photo stitcher to the same version that is already installed. therfore this update is not needed, do you want to install anyway?....i click no, and thats it,,,nothing more happens,, clicked yes earlier, it updated and nothing more, so restored to a earlier point, however the dates shown are after i downloaded this, tried to make a earlier date,but dont know how to do it,,,

-----

ok found this task manager, looks like ive flat lined, couple of little spikes in top box cpu usage, says cpu usage 2%

----

Im stumped, ive gone for another full scan

----

ok my scan discovered 2 items detected...alert level servere, trojan:win32/hiloti / trojan:win32hiloti.gen!d.....ive clicked on remove all....

----

Restarted pc, its turned on and now it comes up with a small window which says,,,,,,,,,

RunDLL
x<IN A RED CIRCLE!!> Error loading C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\KBGRAODi.dll.The specified module could not be found....then says click OK.......That was the address for the trojan

Its conected to web....but absolutely nothing for four minutes...then page loads ubber slooooow......where as the laptop im on works perfect...

------------

Still as sloooow as you like, where laptop im on works perfect....ive given up for tonight,,,,if anyone knows i would appricihate help, thanks,,

This is what ive done so far, with some minor advice from another forum..

edited by Bignose -- if you think you downloaded a virus from a site, don't post that site here!!!!

If you're willing to trust me, I'll TeamViewer into your system and fix it for you.

Let me know when you are ready, and I'll PM you a file, run the file and then reply to me with the numbers shown on it. This will allow me to remotely control your computer and solve the problem.

If you want to stop at any time either close the program or turn the computer off, when you turn it back on I won't be able to do anything until you rerun that application

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back