Vietnamese Cardinal (Minnows)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fishprotector

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Has anybody else got some of these guys? I bought 6 today as they looked fantastic. I could only find very limited info on them though.

Try searching for Tanichthys micagemmae. Not to be confused with your normal white clouds (Tanichthys albonubes) although they often are!
i think they are slightly lighter in colour and their stripes are different in some way.

Try searching for Tanichthys micagemmae. Not to be confused with your normal white clouds (Tanichthys albonubes) although they often are!
i think they are slightly lighter in colour and their stripes are different in some way.

Thanks for that. Those are definatly the guys with the lateral stripe and the coloured edges to their fins :good:

I've kept them :) Was one of the first few to start getting them imported for the recent craze, I mean, they are around but not common and then i saw pictures and got them in, only to sell 100 to an enthusiast who pointed out how hard they were to find.

I found they liked to be kept warmer than the White Clouds, not by much but they are truely a tropical species, not a sub tropical.

The bigger the group the better, I had 20 of them and the makes displayed constantly and the females always producing eggs, to no avail as I had loaches but I could have bred them if i had wanted to.

Gorgeous species and good on you!

Though you will have to be carefull as I have seen them recently in stores and they werent cheap and they were actually just very nice wcmms though and not worth the money.

Thanks for that. I have six of them and am currently keeping them with a Betta and six pygmy corydoras at 24 degrees. I am setting up a planted nano tank very soon and will probably move them into there. I have been trying to take a picture of them, but they are small (around 2.5cm) and will not stay still. If you look on the seriously fish profile for Tanichthys Micagemmae, then they look a spit of the photo on the left. I paid just over £13 for the six of them. Although I got an £8 peice of redmoor for free (I asked the girl if she had put it through twice and she still only charged me £13.25) so this brought the price down a bit lol.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back