Videos Of Your Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Primous

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I love looking at other peoples aquariums particularly how we all design and scape what is sometimes the exact same space. So I'm wondered if there were any among us who have vids of their tank and if they'd be kind enough to post it here for the rest of us to see.

I love looking at other peoples aquariums particularly how we all design and scape what is sometimes the exact same space. So I'm wondered if there were any among us who have vids of their tank and if they'd be kind enough to post it here for the rest of us to see.

Just uploaded mine! Here's the link

Great looking tank you have there. I was wondering if your blue background is one of those that has black on the opposite side and whether or not you've tried it with a black background. Oh and your tetras look like they are exhibiting some spawn behavior. Thanks for the upload.

Great looking tank you have there. I was wondering if your blue background is one of those that has black on the opposite side and whether or not you've tried it with a black background. Oh and your tetras look like they are exhibiting some spawn behavior. Thanks for the upload.
No, its a completely blue background. I wanted to go with black, but was overruled because apparently blue brings out the green in plants more. The tetras are, in fact, having spawning behavior. Their courting is very cool, i like the sideways circling :lol:

POsted this previously in my journal thread but don't think many people saw it, might as well repost here - http://vimeo.com/30028289

new

old scape

if you check my Youtube page there is quite a few.

@adeaidyady That's a beautiful looking shark you have there. Is he "peaceful?"

@Tom I think a youtube channel would serve you well. Great river-esq vide you've got running through your tank.

@DevotedToDiscus WOWZERS lol Though I do have a question for you. Which is, I noticed there wasn't a lot of flow in your tank but the plants were looking lush. Did you turn of the filter etc before shooting the vid?

@ianho great scapes you've got there. I'm always slightly envious of people who grow hc successfully!

Some great stuff in here, we should definitely keep this thread rolling :good:

@adeaidyady That's a beautiful looking shark you have there. Is he "peaceful?"

@Tom I think a youtube channel would serve you well. Great river-esq vide you've got running through your tank.

@DevotedToDiscus WOWZERS lol Though I do have a question for you. Which is, I noticed there wasn't a lot of flow in your tank but the plants were looking lush. Did you turn of the filter etc before shooting the vid?

@ianho great scapes you've got there. I'm always slightly envious of people who grow hc successfully!

Some great stuff in here, we should definitely keep this thread rolling :good:

There is actually almost no flow in the tank, as the fish don't like it. The trick I have used is I am running two externals with the outlets running the clean water down 2 sealed tubes to UG filter plates in reverse flow. The Co2 is also fed into the tubes, so I have the water seeping up through the gravel bed across the entire floor of the tank, so all the plants get an even supply of clean water with Co2 at 100% dissolve rate. The air pumps are providing air for the fish via to capped tubes to minimise the water disturbance, so that I am not wasting Co2 by having it escape........ hope that makes sense.

There is actually almost no flow in the tank, as the fish don't like it. The trick I have used is I am running two externals with the outlets running the clean water down 2 sealed tubes to UG filter plates in reverse flow. The Co2 is also fed into the tubes, so I have the water seeping up through the gravel bed across the entire floor of the tank, so all the plants get an even supply of clean water with Co2 at 100% dissolve rate. The air pumps are providing air for the fish via to capped tubes to minimise the water disturbance, so that I am not wasting Co2 by having it escape........ hope that makes sense.

And the award for "I know my stuff" goes to....

And the award for "I know my stuff" goes to....
rofl.gif
I've made many mistakes along the way too, and am sure I will make some more in the future. I never stop learning, and I must say that I have found this forum very informative, and there are some very knowledgeable and friendly folk here.....
thumbs-up.gif
Double thumbs for TFF

that really is a stunning Discus tank DTD. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back