very different betta type

steppy104

Grarr
Reaction score
well, it's got them 2 arm fin things.....but it's shape is so..... :crazy:
heres one and heres the other.

i've never heard anyone mention THESE things on here....so i was wondering if any of you have ever seen, heard, or anything else about these things.....it's all just odd and new to me..... :look:

thats odd.....are they like super rare or something?

sheesh...are there any other bettas i don't know about?!

splendens, imbellis, now these two....what else am i missing here?!!

i believe there are a lot more betta types too. aquabid usually has a few odd species at a time.

i think smaragdina is where the copper color came from.

steppy104 said:
thats odd.....are they like super rare or something?

sheesh...are there any other bettas i don't know about?!

splendens, imbellis, now these two....what else am i missing here?!!
There are lots more! Go here and click on species on the left tool bar.

:eek:

well...i don't know what to say to that......thats way too many species for me to even think about.....thanks for that site....i'm going to give my head a rest now :blink:

seeing that list kinda messed with me.....suprised me quite a bit :*)

give me a break! i'm still trying to recover from seeing that last one, then you go and show that link! how dare you! :X

jk :D

i'm deffinetly goin to bed now :blink:
good nite ya'll :zz

Hehe, I'm probably the one you're hearing falx from. :p I have a pair of them, plus a good 50 babies. They're a type of betta - larger than splendens, and mouthbrooders. Anyways, I would really suggest you check out those links if you're interested. There are tons of types of betta species - lots of them just as pretty as splendens, IMO. They're very interesting too, a lot of them mouthbrood, and can live together. :nod:

Betta Species

Click the Species link. This should prove very educational :)

I'd love one of each type, but I think my husband would probably kill me were I to purchase that many fish..... >.>

Becca

That is an uncommon species of betta. They are not your run-of-the-mill everyday petstore fish and are quite expensive. The rarest, most expensive betta I've seen for sale is the betta macrostoma from Brunei.

Wow, those macrostromas are too cool. What a handsome fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back