Vertical, Weak Guppy fish...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Maria_012

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a guppy tank, and one of my guppies looks close to death. She's swimming vertically, struggling to swim, and her gills arent moving much. I tried doing a water change to see how she would do... she seems terribly close to death. Attached photo.

Any suggestions please?

Attachments

• 1630478591421.jpeg
    1630478591421.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 70
I don't think you can save her. She has horrible wasting and her gills are puffy and she just looks at deaths door. If she were my fish, I would likely euthanize her. She honestly looks as if she has been suffering for quite some time.

She disappeared today along with the other adult female... I covered my tank for about two weeks to control an algae bloom. Maybe it was due to that that they died? Im not sure.. I have had many problems with this tank, not sure how to get to the bottom of them. I had thee endlers last year which all died. I changed up thr substrate of the tank and put it in brighter light. The plants are doing amazingly, but the fish never seem to be too happy... )": . My guppy fry seem to be all right though. I'll keep trying to sort out this tank. If there are any suggestions ill take them gladly!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back