Vacuuming Sand

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hi reading the rant made me chuckle :lol: any way in pets at home there is a a substrate/gravel cleaner for 5.99 and it has a bag at top and you attach it a a normal air line fix it to your air pump and plug in. As you move it around all the waste goes into the bag while the water goes straight back into tank. It is brilliant as clean up tank half way through week and no water change and even better no water in mouth :lol: It feels a bit flimsy but really worksssss
hope this helps . Sorry can not remember name of it as old girl bad memory but the handle is green if that helps :hey:
cathy

It this -> http://www.petsathome.com/shop/aquarium-power-cleaner-by-algarde-30323

I'm now using this to clean my sand every other day - unless it's really bad and then it's everyday lol

Yey thats it , it is fantastic once I had worked out how to use it :crazy: I read the instruction and when it got to the bit where now turn it on it was uhhh there is no on,off switch and where did the bit of tube go uhhh so me being me and went in and asked, the young girl laughed and explained you attach to a pump to which I then said , I got to buy a pump :blink: then young girl said you must have an air pump for your air stone ohhhhh then I felt really stupid :crazy: Just think next time you are in a car is me behind you on my bike as allowed out on my own as long as I keep taking me tablets :hey: sorry went into a yabble
cathy :kana:

the instructions for the thing are pretty rubbish. I was lucky as my Dad had one for his tank when I was a kid so I'd seen it in use.
Great though for doing the job. Sucks up a tiny bit of sand but that's nowt to worry about :)

Most reactions

trending

Back