(Urgent) My Endler has small pebble lodged in it's mouth!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishkeeper1

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to see a pebble stuck in my endler's mouth. I can clearly see it is having a hard time breathing. I tried searching up how to get it out, but all that comes up is stuff about goldfish!

You are exactly right. Let this serve as a lesson. Think before you post. I could've killed that poor fish. I'm glad the poor little thing lived.
I'm surprised you admitted to that lol... But yah, it could've gone bad. Luckily though it made it through

I'll be the first to admit I operate in a fly-by-night mode half the time. That's why I'm always lurking the forums to pick knowledge here and there, plus for a fish with a pebble stuck in its mouth, I doubt there was any other way to really help it.

I'll be the first to admit I operate in a fly-by-night mode half the time. That's why I'm always lurking the forums to pick knowledge here and there, plus for a fish with a pebble stuck in its mouth, I doubt there was any other way to really help it.
Put the fish in a partial vacuum, this will cause the water inside the fish to boil (at a low temp) and the escaping steam will pop the stone out.
Please don't actually do this!

Put the fish in a partial vacuum, this will cause the water inside the fish to boil (at a low temp) and the escaping steam will pop the stone out.
Please don't actually do this!
Sciency stuff. Shall try right away. Just need to convince my dwarf gourami to swallow a pebble. May not be that hard, since he'll try at least once to take a bite out of anything remotely capable of getting swallowed

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back