Upside Down Catfish Compatibility & Feeding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

n3ont3tra

Lets go Flyers
Reaction score
I have three upside down catfish (the real ones) and I'm just wondering if they'll eat cherry shrimp or not? Also, what do you feed them. I feed my cories and kuhli loaches hikari sinking wafers and bloodworms but i haven't seen the UD catfish eat any yet, even though they swim right over them.

My synos species like algae wafers. As the true upside down catfish tend to spend more time nearer the surface you might want to try them on something that doesn't sink too fast. Also try feeding after lights out as many catfish are predominantly nocturnal.
I don't personally keep any of those little guys but keep a great deal of the larger syno species. I know what mine like and that is the Hikari algae wafers, bloodworm, spirulina flake (yep they really do eat it) JMC catfish pellets and Hikari sinking wafers are very popular.
P.
Edit:I couldn't tell you if they'd eat the cherry shrimp or not. They may.....or may not. I've never seen my guys eat shrimp, although I do feed river shrimp to my Malawis on occassion (they live with my largest syno group).

Food wise your USD's will eat just about anything, shrimp pellets are a favourite as are algae wafers...

They would eat the shrimp if the shrimp are small and the USD's are big.... I would think the shrimp wouldn't survive but you never know

Alright thanks. I already feed hikari sinking wafers to my cories and kuhli loaches so that won't be a problem. Thanks again :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back