Upload Your Cichlid Tanks Here

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Paulioo - Your algae is legendary on the TFF forums but can I ask how do you get it to grow like that ?

heres a pic of what use to be a 55g african tank. top 55g
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/rid...yt/IM001189.jpg

and heres what they are in now.
IM001210.jpg

IM001245.jpg

yes the rocks r fine. beleive me. these fish r my babies. i love them more then wats in my 6 other tanks.
11 africans, 6 yellow labs and 5 red zebras.

Enjoy

:/ I just do not understand the attraction to the obnoxious and often blinding UNnaturel colors some have used for gravel.

the picture starts to load from top to bottom so you see rock work appear first...then all of a sudden this BLUE gravel or some freakish red caves pop up and the whole picture goes whacky. the focus is no longer on the fish or the rock work but the BLING BLING ... and please, dont anyone go all fussy and try and flame me for my simple opinion...it's just that...an opinion/observation.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. she's back, :hyper: LOL

on my holl's for 10 days as from tomorrow, camping in the lakedistrict, plenty of much needed chilling and not a fish in sight (except the ones on the end of my fishing line).

She is back indeed and i completely agree, couloured gravel is........ :sick:

Have a good holiday Brewyn, see you in 10 days. :D

Cheers Ferris. :good:

I would not use coloured gravel, and I dont know if these people know, that coloured gravel does eventually leach, and it will soon lose its colour. anyway, I thought mama was refering to d+a tank, which I quite like!!!!! (yes, I know, it has black gravel).

I have just given my tanks a much needed seeing to, this marine tank has taken up all my focus recently.

happs tank.

Picture429.jpg

mbuna tank.

Picture430.jpg

marine tank.

Picture431.jpg

on my holl's for 10 days as from tomorrow, camping in the lakedistrict, plenty of much needed chilling and not a fish in sight (except the ones on the end of my fishing line).

Have a good time brewyn or should I say (batman), I hope you find any of the following e.g Common pipistrelle bat, Soprano pipistrelle bat, Nathusius's pipistrelle bat, Brown long-eared bat, Grey long-eared bat, arbastelle bat, Bechstein's bat, Whiskered bat, Brandt's bat, Leisler's bat, Greater horseshoe bat, Lesser horseshoe bat, Daubenton's bat, Noctule bat, Serotine bat and Natterer's bat.

Enjoy chillaxing and tight lines.

tanks

In addition to the post and to ensure that it is not closed for going off subject, I also agree with mamafish. Coloured gravel really does take away from the fish and the tank in general. I am of the opinion that if you are going to keep a fish, it is best that you keep the fish in a setup that tries to recreate the fishes natural environment. I am well aware that nearly all of my fish are creatively reared in clear bottom tanks and that they would not have a bulls notion about what their natural environment looks like. But if placed in a environment similar to that of the natural habitat, instinct will return and their actions and behaviors will change to suit. In addition to coloured gravel, I also dislike all cheesy ornaments (especially the greek columns and sunken ships), coral marine backgrounds on fresh water tanks and most printed backgrounds.

And the worst of all in my opinion, earthenware flower pots!!!!!! why, oh why, oh way, the humanity!! Somebody think of the children!!.

Brewyn the tanks look spot on.

The hap tank is very impressive indeed, between the hap and the mbuna tank alone your fish number must be well over 100 at this stage. Also the marine tank starting to show much better colour. It always a pleasure to see great tanks.

Thank you tanks.

will try take some good photos when I master this digital camera. and I think I have over 200 fish in total at the moment. I grow them on and then keep only the best, selling the rest on, long way to go yet. going to concentrate on building the unit for the 2x 6ft tanks when I get back, should be interesting.

will try take some great photos of the lakes for you, even the bats if they slow down.

:good:

I dont know if these people know, that coloured gravel does eventually leach, and it will soon lose its colour

A very good practical point, the dye they use will not last for ever. :good:

Brewyn have a good Holiday I`ll look out for you I`m going to Ullswater for the weekend my mates getting married there, I`m hoping the weather will be half decent. 8)

I`m not a fan of coloured gravel either! :no:

brewyn you have built 3 tanks that was on my list lol. the only one you haven't done is a central-south american tank ( unless you haven't showed it yet ). I'll admit i've always been one to mix thuis lake and that lake and even this country and that country but now i want some lake specific tanks. As far as gravel color i leave that to the tanks owner to decide , besides they look at it every day not us. Of course i always inherit SMALL TANKS WITH PINK GRAVEL whitch the gravel gets donated to a school or a daycare. But all in all every tank i have seen on this post is nice colored gravel or not.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back